Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 5:26:58 PM EDT
I'm interested in putting a dot sight on my new STAG-15 Carbine.....just wondering what kind of sights that everyone on here uses....not sure what my price range is yet but if you can let me know what you think is a good price and good overall bargain i would appreciate it

thanks everyone
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The Aimpoint Comp M2 is an outstanding peice of equipment. Its the only one Ive had experience with, but I really, REALLY like it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:50:46 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 for the CompM2, used one for five years including Kosovo and Iraq the first time. Stick it in a Larue mount and only worry about batteries every few months.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Aimpoint ML3 and its great.. One thing I learned if you can test out an optic you will feel what works for you..  Eotech, Aimpoint and my next sight is the Eclan Specter that has two for the price of one.. I mean its a 1x and you can change to 4x power..
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#4]
just got an Aimpoint CompM2 with a LaRue Cant Mount. I love it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Best thing to do is try several different kinds out, if you can.  I say this because what works for one person may not work for you very well and vise versa.  I've used EOTechs for years and finally did the ar15.com mantra and "bought both".  I used the Aimpoint M2 once at the range.  It's now being traded for another EOTech.  

Three excellent sights to look at are the Aimpoint, EOTech, and Tripower.  Each are very high quality, and each have their own merits.  The only way to know what will satisfy you is to experiment.

As far as price, the EOTech definately wins because you can get new ones (depending on the model) for around $300.  Sometimes they pop up on the EE for less.  The Aimpoints and Tripowers require a mount, and a good mount will run you in the realm of $100 +/- a little.  Once you narrow your search a little, just contact one of the vendors on this board.  They usually have some of the most competetive prices and are very helpful in getting you set up with what you need.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 3:48:51 AM EDT
[#6]
You are going here either Aimpoint or EOTech and both are great sights.  The EOTech will be a little cheaper since you don't have to buy a $150 mount for it.  I personally prefer the Aimpoint.  Unless you plan on using Night vision I wouldn't waste the extra money for an M2/M3 and just get a ML2/ML3 which doesn't have the night vision settings and is a little cheaper.  If you buy a new Aimpoint and a very good mount you are looking at around $500 something.  I would look in the EE and see what you can find in there.  Alot of people are always selling their red dots and alot of times the mount is included.  You can find a complete set up for a very good price
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Have you read the thread tacked at the top of this forum entitled:
FOR THOSE NEW TO THE AR: HERE ARE SOME “OPTICS OPTIONS”.?

It was started specifically to answer questions like yours from people new to the AR and typical AR optics.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I prefer the M2

My reason....after "getting both" I tried them both in numerous types of scenarios...I personally was quicker w/ the Aimpoint.  I shot like shit w/ the EOTech...I think it was the 65 MOA circle I just couldn't get used to.  Either one will do you good...but you will prefer one over the other when you try both.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top