Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2006 5:11:09 PM EDT
The ACOGS I would recommend would be a TA11, TA11D, TA31, TA31A, or a TA01. I would say not to a TA01NSN or any one that is setup for a 14” to a 16” barrel.

I own a Bushmaster 16in M4 Type Carbine with flat top and have a TA01NSN.
Is there a reason why I would not want to have a TA01NSN ?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#1]
The only complaints I had with my NSN is that the illumination washes out under sodium lighting (street lights), and too-short eye relief.

If you like yours, then don't sweat what other people might say about it. You're the only one that has to be satisfied by whatever you own, and if anybody doesn't like it, fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:34:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I would not give that comment any serious consideration.  

I like the NSN's and they offer solid performance at a price lower than the other ACOGs.  

The red chevron ACOG is preferable, but more expensive.  

"and too-short eye relief"

Is it longer with other ACOGS? I never noticed.  Longer eye relief would be really nice though.  The NSN's do have a short eye relief
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top