Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 4:04:27 PM EDT
I got a Clonepoint from Jackie/John from the EE forum. When I received it I was impressed by the all metal contruction, clear optics, and nice, well defined, bright red dot.

Well today is less than a week since I got it and as I checked my equipment prior to heading for the range, the site would not power up. I though maybe it was just a battery issue so I put a fresh pair of batteries and no luck. I put in a fresh Duracell cl-1/3N also no joy.

As I fiddled with the rotary power switch the dot would intermittenly come on then dim out, back on and off and so on.

I have contacted Jackie via ebay mail and will wait to see how he handles this issue. I guess a $70 Aimpoint equivalent was really too good to be true. I always knew I bought it as a try before I buy the real one, but I thought I would at least get some use and value out of my $70 before I had to spring for the Aimpoint.

Well he does say thet he is interested in customer satisfaction so hopefully I can get a refund.

On another point, I found a local tactical shop that sells the Comp M2 for $355. I will have to pay sales tax since it's local but even so at $378 all in it's seems to be the best price I can find anywhere for the Aimpoint.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a good price for an Aimpoint. An excellent price if it's an M2 and not an ML2. Delton sells the ML2 for around that.

The Aimpoint is definitely nicer than the clone.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I think Jacky/Jack/John will take care of you. If I’m not mistaken he’s exchanged optics before. Too bad about your clone, my sons has held up fine now since before Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The exact same thing happened to mine, But Jon took real good care of me and sent me another.  I am not going to jinx it and tell you about how it has preformed since.  Good luck with it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That's a good price for an Aimpoint. An excellent price if it's an M2 and not an ML2. Delton sells the ML2 for around that.

The Aimpoint is definitely nicer than the clone.

Nope it clearly states and identifies the M2. In any case I will cal them Monday and find out. If it is an M2 at that price I think I'll go for it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:23:52 AM EDT
[#5]
$355 for an M2 is a killer deal! Makes me wonder what they're asking for the ML2?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:23:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I plan on speaking with them tomorrow. If their pricing is for real and they seem legit, I will pass on the contact info for those interested.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:43:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I plan on speaking with them tomorrow. If their pricing is for real and they seem legit, I will pass on the contact info for those interested.

Yes, that would be great.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
$355 for an M2 is a killer deal! Makes me wonder what they're asking for the ML2?

ML2 is posted as $330
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ML2 is posted as $330

That's the best price I've seen yet! I paid $350ish for mine.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#10]
So, if it's too good to be true it usually is.

I tried to contact the vendor mentioned above that advertises Aimpoint M2's for $355. Their site claims they are web and brick-n-mortar. Well The listed contact info doesn't work, emails are not answered and the one address I found leads to a tiny, dilapidated, abandoned warehouse/office.

It took quite an effort to find it and once there it doesn't look like there is any life for some time.

I also googled them till I found a police forum that lists countless folks that have placed orders only to never get any merchandise and they too were unable to contact anyone. A couple of people did say they eventually got their orders after 6 to 9 months of waiting. They claim the orderes just showed up long after they had givien up on ever receiving them.

The good news is they didn't charge any of the credit cards except for those couple that actually received something. The lucky recipients were very old posts from last year so these guys are obviously long gone. Interestingly, their domain name was just recently renewed, hum.

In any case the place is www.tacticalshop.com so stay away if you do happen upon them on the web.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:43:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Del-Ton is the cheapest I've found.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#12]

In any case the place is www.tacticalshop.com so stay away if you do happen upon them on the web.

Do a search on these guys IIRC They are actually worse than BOTACH.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top