Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 12:37:05 PM EDT
I just bought a DPMS 308-LR 16" barrel model. I have an EOTECH on it now, and it's ok, but I am wondering what would be better? Is there a way to mount some optics with a BUIS set-up? Maybe an ACOG? I need some ideas and suggestions, I am not very well educated in the area of combat optics. I'd like to be able to shoot close quarters out to 100 yards+
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How about an Aimpoint M3 with a 2 moa dot and a 3x Magnifier on a Quick Flip mount?  It would look like this:

www.talonarms.com/talonarms/includes/templates/talonarms_template/images/logo.gif

We have package deals available on these so shoot us an email if you would like a price.

1) Do you have to have a forearm with a rail to use that set-up or will it all mount on the upper?

2) Do you have someting that will work with a PVS-14?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:56:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm almost in the same boat as you are except I sold my DPMS 24 inch stainless steal barrel and upper receiver to fund money for another project. I wish I only sold the barrel because now I would like to make a 16 inch close quarter’s combat rifle and I’m unable to find anyone that has a DPMS flat top receiver for sale. The only thing I didn’t care for with the 308 DPMS style rifle is that it’s hard to find a free float rail for them without spending $400.00 bucks or more. SWS makes a lot of nice rails for them, but their, to expensive for me. Do you know any 2 piece forearm’s that would work really well, that are pretty inexpensive?

I like the Eotech set-up with a BUIS, with the 3x mag.

Lots of luck with your rifle.

From,
Joe….
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top