Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 4:45:21 AM EDT
I got a surplus one and the eyepiece is all scratched up int eh middle.  the outer edges are crystal clear, but int eh middle it REALLY fuzzes up my view.  any way to fix this with the TV product - liquid lens?  or is that a fake for glasses only product?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm guessing their lifetime warranty doesn't cover scratches??  Maybe they'll replace the lens for a nominal fee.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:12:58 AM EDT
[#2]
+1

see if aimpoint will help you with it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:06:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Aimpoint will not replace the lens and they are very reluctant to work on any DRMO sights. There is not much that you can do with it so you might as well give the TV stuff a shot and see if it helps but most of the time what looks like scratches is really the coating coming off of the lens and there is nothing that can help that. I hope it works out for you.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:33:31 AM EDT
[#4]
sorry tater you're wrong!  as long as its not the muzzle end, aimpoint will repair the sight!  how cool is that?  And they're right near me too.  I never would have thought they would cover something like this and especially not for a measly 35$......  very impressed.

---

Dear aimpoint?
 Is there any way to get a replacement front lens on my aimpoint xd.
I bought one that was obviously a US Army sight and used heavily.  I
had it refinished before I looked through it and then  I looked
through it only to find the eyepiece scratched to the point where I
can't use the sight.  Is there any repair option available?

---

Dear Sir,

Unfortunately, the front lens is one of the components that is
impossible to replace.

Best regards,

Mike Kingston
Marketing and Technical Support Manager
Aimpoint, Inc.
14103 Mariah Court
Chantilly, VA  20151
Toll-free 877-246-7646
703-263-9795
Mobile 703-625-3777
Fax 703-263-9463
www.aimpoint.com

---

Thanks for your reply!  Just want to make sure we're talking about the
same 'front lens'....  I was referring to the one on the 'eye' side
not the muzzle end.

-Marc

---

In that case, the sight is repairable.  Please ship it to:

Aimpoint, Inc.
Attn:  Repairs
14103 Mariah Court
Chantilly, VA  20151

Please include a description of the problem, a daytime contact phone
number, and payment of $35.00 to cover the repair charge and return
shipping.

Best regards,

Mike Kingston
Marketing and Technical Support Manager
Aimpoint, Inc.
14103 Mariah Court
Chantilly, VA  20151
Toll-free 877-246-7646
703-263-9795
Mobile 703-625-3777
Fax 703-263-9463
www.aimpoint.com

---
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#5]
sweet!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
sweet!

yeah how cool is that.  I got it for 80$ in 'heavily used' condition, spent 35$ on an LTM refinish and 25$ on a used QRP and 10$ on a kllflash, aimpoint flips and a battery rubber thing and now 35$ to make it like new as issued for a total of 185$.  I'm happy!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for that info! I have a surplus Aimpoint that came back from the big sandy with a friend. It too is a bit scratched up on the eye side glass.  Might have some on the muzzle but not much if any.

I'll have to email them and see if I can get mine sent in for repair soon.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Aimpoint rules! Good deal glad it work out

and Im glad you asked Mike twice
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Aimpoint customer service was slow but they took care of me.  Rheostat failed, can only see the dot on the brighteset two settings.  Sent my $35, 2 months later I got a new replacement M2 back plus my $35.  Guess it helped that I did not call them once to find out what the status is.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top