Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:56:33 AM EDT
I'm looking for some pics of different sight set ups on a A2. I just got my AR and want to put on a new sight. I'm def. thinking the red dot simply because of my left eye dom/right handed situation. For now i was going to pick one up from dicks sporting goods or wal mart(just for now, im broke cause of the rifle) I know it wont be the best but it will be replaced down the road. Any help/advice would be great.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never tried one on my AR-15, but the Walmarts around me have a nice red dot scope made by Bushnell for about 50 bucks or so.  It looks like a short Coke can painted black, but it has nice features, looks like it would be really easy to see through on top of a carry handle, and uses the CR2032 lithium batteries my computer motherboards use (so I have plenty of them on-hand).  houghtwww.opticsplanet.net/simmons-electronic-sight-30mm-red-dot-scope.html
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:31:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've never tried one on my AR-15, but the Walmarts around me have a nice red dot scope made by Bushnell for about 50 bucks or so.  It looks like a short Coke can painted black, but it has nice features, looks like it would be really easy to see through on top of a carry handle, and uses the CR2032 lithium batteries my computer motherboards use (so I have plenty of them on-hand).  

EDIT:  I thought it was Bushnell-made, but it looks just like this Simmons:
www.opticsplanet.net/simmons-electronic-sight-30mm-red-dot-scope.html

Those are fun little range toys, I put one on my wife's AR until I had the cash for her Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:50:20 AM EDT
[#3]
i was looking at that one, they have it at dicks sporting goods for 40 bucks. Looks like ill be picking one of those up along with the mount from the shot i got the gun at.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#4]
well i picked it up tonight. I do not have the mount to put it on the handle so i mounted it on the hand gaurd(i have rails on all for sides. It seems to line up perfect with the front sight, putting the red dot right on it. Have not shot it yet but more then likely will have the right mount before i do. Scope looks pretty decent for the money
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top