Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/13/2006 6:12:22 AM EDT
I am getting ready to order me a Stag Arms 15L Complete Upper Half in left hand.  The one that I want has a base price and for another $55 I can get a A.R.M.S. #40 A2 rear sight installed on the flat top (this price seems very reasonable).   Two questions, one do I need to even consider the A2 rear sight if I plan on using a EOTech or similar scope/red dot type sight on it?  My other question is how does this sight work on a flat top with no carry handle?  There seems to be such a difference in the height off the sights between being mounted on the flat top and being on the top of a carry handle.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:35:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:49:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, I know it's not a carry handle.  Just a little flip up sight that sits on the rear of the flat top.  I already have a carry handle with an A2 sight on it should I decide to use it.  Just did'nt know how the thing would work in association with a scope/dot sight.  Thanks for the advice!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:04:23 AM EDT
[#3]
FWIW, if you'll measure the distance from the center of the aperture of your "carry-handle detachable A2 sight" to the top of your flat-top receiver, then remove the "detachable" and install the ARMS #40 A2 BUIS, (making sure to flip the sight "up")  and measure the distance from the center if it's aperture to the top of your flat-top receiver, you'll find their identical.

Seems, is what happens when you don't use your ruler or your noggin.

Mike

ps - the BUIS (back up iron sight) is just that and as such is "lower" only when in it's resting position, when flipped "up" (provide your EOTech is mounted directly to your flat-top) it will be at "co-witness" height, and your red-dot should be setting directly atop your front sight post. (provided your using the IBZ 50 yard zero method for both your EO and BUIS)
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:07:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  It's hard to tell looking at pictures on the Internet.  I see what you mean though about the distance from the top of the flat top to the aperature.  And thanks for the ps as well, that helps.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top