Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 6:12:27 PM EDT
Looking for any practical feedback from folks who have used the Trijicon Acog 5.5x50 Red Chevron BAC Flattop .308 with ranging reticle.

Have been thinking about maybe looking for a used one to purchase and try out on my AR10 flat top.  I have TA31F on an AR15 and like it alot out to about 400 yds or so on steel plates.

Thanks in advance.  [email protected]

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Looking for any practical feedback from folks who have used the Trijicon Acog 5.5x50 Red Chevron BAC Flattop .308 with ranging reticle.

Have been thinking about maybe looking for a used one to purchase and try out on my AR10 flat top.  I have TA31F on an AR15 and like it alot out to about 400 yds or so on steel plates.

Thanks in advance.  [email protected]

I have one on my AR10A4 and love it!!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I like the TA55A but I do not recommend it for precision shooting.  I would recommend Leupold, Nightforce, or IOR.  If you do not plan on shoot for precision the TA55A will work great.  I have not used them but from what I have seen I really like them.  

Mike @ CSGW

www.csgunworks.com
[email protected]

Here’s some testimonials about CS GunWorks for AR15 Board
What do YOU have to say about CS GunWorks

Concur completely.  Friends in units that have the TA-55A and M14s are not pleased with the optic for a couple of reasons that may not be all that germane to civilians and AR users.  The first is cost.  From a taxpayer perspective that is a real no-go...especially with budgets tightening service-wide.  The Leupold 1.5-5X20mm MR/T M2 and the new Mark 4 2.5-8 MR/T accomplish basically the same tasks at significantly lower costs.  Second is eye relief.  More problematic on the M-14 than an AR flat top, I suppose, but you need to examine this as a possible issue.  Third, under high heat in Afghanistan, several unit commanders have reported repeaterd reticle failure on ACOGS.  Heard this first hand from buds in the 25ID.  Has this problem been solved.  Haven't a clue.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Any feedback on the TA11E?

Edited to add, now looking for used TA11E for sale.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top