Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 1:53:33 PM EDT
Does anyone use the 3.5 moa Doctor optic as a primary dot sight on a AR?
I`ve never seen one in person, is it too small?

Thank you
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#1]
i have seen pictures of it on sbr's and mp5's
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm this things seem nice, but I was wondering what its practicle purpose is? Should I put one on my varmint gun? Mousnted to the side of my leopold scope?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine is on top of an ACOG right now but I can definitley see myself putting one on a lightweight M4 setup.  Go to military morons and scroll down a bit under the M16/M4 setups and you'll see his decked out like that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Mine is on top of an ACOG right now but I can definitley see myself putting one on a lightweight M4 setup.  Go to military morons and scroll down a bit under the M16/M4 setups and you'll see his decked out like that.

Thanks for the link with the pictures, wish there was some views looking through the Doc optic.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:35:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Photograph through a Docter Optik here (about 3/4 down the page...).

Brobee
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Photograph through a Docter Optik here (about 3/4 down the page...).

Brobee

Hey pretty good info and pics on theat webpage , I think the Doc sight might just be a real nice choice over a Eotech or Aimpoint, you definatly cant beat it`s size.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Much more fragile than EOtech or Aimpoint.  Auto adjust feature is nice.  Harder to zero as it does not have very precise clicks for adjustment.  Edges of glass distort the FOV.  Fairly blue color.  Small window means it needs to be kept kind of closer to the eye or it can be harder to find the dot coming up from the low ready if you dont aquire a good cheek weld.  The emmitter area can be covered with a tiny spec of mud and the whole optic is useless from a mud blob 1mm x 1mm.

Its a specialty optic or a secondary optic.  Its a no go for a primary field grade optic for combat IMO.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Much more fragile than EOtech or Aimpoint.  Auto adjust feature is nice.  Harder to zero as it does not have very precise clicks for adjustment.  Edges of glass distort the FOV.  Fairly blue color.  Small window means it needs to be kept kind of closer to the eye or it can be harder to find the dot coming up from the low ready if you dont aquire a good cheek weld.  The emmitter area can be covered with a tiny spec of mud and the whole optic is useless from a mud blob 1mm x 1mm.

Its a specialty optic or a secondary optic.  Its a no go for a primary field grade optic for combat IMO.

So would this be a good choice to put on my Varmint gun, for quick close up shots where if the scope is set at 16 or 20x and I don't have time to adjust......

Josh
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:56:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Sure it should, though I have not used the Larue offset mount so I cant really ccomment on that directly though it seems like an excellent choice.  Just dont drop the rifle upside down from 3 feet and expect the Dr Optic to survive.  Though made of aluminum, its thin aluminum.  I wish they had an integrated hood or side walls built in to tprotect it on the Larue mount.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:47:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Pretty cool. I may have to give this a try.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:52:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I have one on top of my M700.  I have it mounted on an IOR heavy duty ring with a rail top.  I really like it.  It could be used the same way for the AR, but it's pretty small for a primary.  I haven't seen one mounted in conjunction with iron sights.  I think I paid $350 with the rail adaptor.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top