Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 9:26:36 AM EDT
Anybody seen this?  www.dlsports.com/cqb.html  
Looks interesting.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#1]
some talk in ar discussions.  dont think anyone had one.  i may take a normal rear aperture and modify it to try it out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
some talk in ar discussions.  dont think anyone had one.  i may take a normal rear aperture and modify it to try it out.

Do you think it would work?  Usually sights of that type are designed to be mounted out, farther away from the eye.  I'm not being a smartass, I'm just trying to understand your rationale, since it seems that if you modified your stock sight, it would still operate in a ghost ring/aperture fashion and just fade out.  I suppose that might work, but I don't see the point.  Keep in mind I just got back from the bar with the roommate, so if anything I say seems stupid or like I'm talking shit, don't take offense, because NONE is meant.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it is a rediculous idea to make an M4 handle more like a pistol.  Poeple need to re-think primary weapons.  They are not .45 caliber handguns.  

I'ld look at the armed forces and get a peep-back up mounted on the rear of the reciever.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#4]
The ghost  ring is what makes aiming fast, and does not obstruct the target as much. This seems to take those advantages away.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#5]
i think the point of them is to be mounted in front of an optic.  i will take a rear aperture, cut it in half horizontally, and make a file cut in the middle.  ill mount it in front of a scope, and let you know how it works.  
i dont even need sights at close range.  but if i am using an optic, i would like to have iron sights mounted in case it goes tits up.  i dont use the flip up non elevation adj rear sights.  the det rear sights fill two roles: back up iron sight, or primary sight.  
i dont think this idea will drastically change rifle configurations, its just a different setup that some people may use.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#6]
For what its worth, I tried the sight and didn't care for it.  Sent it back to Brownells.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top