Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 5:42:07 AM EDT
I've had an Aimpoint ML2 with ARMS carry handle mount for a while now.  But I've recently grown tired of the carry handle mount, and in preparation for an entry into the Knob Creek assault rifle competition I have decided to mount on the flattop with BUIS.

I've read the awesome BUIS FAQ, and I think I want to go with the ARMS #40 L same plane aperture.  Does anyone have any positive or negative feelings about the same plane aperture?

I have the standard handguards which means I haven't got a lot of rail real estate.  What mount would you use for an ML2?  I've been thinking of using the #22M68 mount with the full spacer ( I assume the full spacer will give me a lower 1/3 cowitness).  Will this fit on the limited rail space that I have, or would I be better off with a cantilever mount?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:25:28 AM EDT
[#1]
larue tactical is the latest and greatest.

but with the arms the full spacer and the cantilever spacer is the same height, i personally liked the cantilever cause it put the optic further forward allowing a better sight picture. the rear buis is what you like
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:53:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
larue tactical is the latest and greatest. but with the arms the full spacer and the cantilever spacer is the same height

Actually, the Larue tall mounts are 0.115" taller than an ARMS mount with full height spacer (cantilever or straight). This data was obtained from the thread on Aimpoint mount data in MSTN's Industry forum.

BTW, if I'm misunderstanding your post eklikwhoa, then I apologize. I can see how your post may mean that the ARMS full spacer and ARMS cantilever spacer are the same height.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:16:41 AM EDT
[#3]
the full space and cantilever spacer is the same height
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#4]
But what about the same plane aperture BUIS?  I was looking for some pros/cons on that, particularly.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#5]
the std buis is to compensate for bullet drop.

if you dont plan on it then get the sp for close shots and the smaller ap for precise shots. i use the sp troy buis
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top