Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 2:26:15 PM EDT
Aimpoint 3X Mounting Options ??      I Want It To Serve "Double Duty"................

I just picked one of these baby's up to try it out with my M2 & 551.

The M2 is in a GG&G Cantilever mount (1.57" from top of rail to center of dot) on one rifle.

The 552 is mounted right on the receiver of another rifle. I cannot fine the spec for the center off the rail but its dot measures approx. 1 1/2" off the rail.

I want to use this back and forth basically to see which I like better ...

I guess What I am looking for is a mount that will work with BOTH setups....I have the ability to move the M2 & the 552 forward so that isn't an issue.

Are the mounts for the 3X designed to work with both ???

(I have been through the "trial and error" purchasing process and don't like it, so I thought I'd ask . )

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I've run the 3X with an Eotech, pulled the Eotech off, and thrown on an Aimpoint, and had no problems.  I think you are good to go if you are setup for a cowitness.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the Samson flip mount (high model), it's designed to work with the Eotech mounted straight on the rail or any Milspec Aimpoint mount.  Plus it gives you a capability no other mount has.
When I get the time, I'm planning on seeing how useful the 3X/Samson is with my Aimpoint M3 and PVS-14.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top