Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 10:54:14 AM EDT
I have a Rock River Car Elite 4 stainless that I want to mount a Super Sniper 10X on. I have the YHM fold down front sight and thought I would use the Leupold quick detach mounts. Also thought I would put a Arms 40 or 40L on the back. What height Leupold mounts do I need to get to make this work?  Or is there a better way to go?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:46:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems to me I had a set of Leupold QDs and didn't like them...but I have several sets of Warne QD rings on a couple of different rifles with no issue.  They're fairly heavy, though.  

ARMS #22 mediums will work fine, I have a 10X SS on my DMPS .308 using these...they seem to be the perfect height for that scope.  Be aware, *some* folks have had issues with ARMS rings loosening up after use...I'm sure you'll hear that in a minute.  

Larue mounts are very nice if you have $200, and LaRue also makes stand alone rings, iirc, at a bit over $120 a pair...that might be the way to go.  Larue mounts are rock solid and easy to get on and off...so if you have the $$, by all means go that route.  

You don't really need extra height for the SS...but bear in mind that "high" to one manufacturer may be "medium" to another, especially when comparing Leupold to Warne, etc.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:13:36 PM EDT
[#2]
imo i would get the larue mount

i had trouble with eye relief with the super sniper mounted directly to the upper. it would not allow enough forward mounting to satisfy the eye relief.

so what i had to do was use an extension for the upper which allowed me to mount the scope further forward of the upper. all together if i knew this beforehand i would have gotten the larue spr mount.

less clutter and weight to achieve the same thing
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top