Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 9:18:06 PM EDT
Please bear with a newguy on this one ...

I'm going to do the 25-yard sight-in tomorrow (RRA CAR A4 midlength), and it says to crank the rear sight down to the 300 meter mark, plus one click up.  I'm assuming it's the one marked "6/3" (where it stops when cranked all the way down), and does it mean 600 meter / 300 meter?  This is on a RRA tactical handle.

There is also a small "z" that is 2 clicks "up" from the "6/3".  What is this for?

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Please bear with a newguy on this one ...

I'm going to do the 25-yard sight-in tomorrow (RRA CAR A4 midlength), and it says to crank the rear sight down to the 300 meter mark, plus one click up.  I'm assuming it's the one marked "6/3" (where it stops when cranked all the way down), and does it mean 600 meter / 300 meter?  This is on a RRA tactical handle.

There is also a small "z" that is 2 clicks "up" from the "6/3".  What is this for?

Thanks for the help!

Could you elaborate on the question? I understood the first part until you asked "and does it mean 600 meter / 300 meter"? What did you mean by that?

Anyway, without going to specifics ....  when I sight in, I just set the target up at 25 - pop 3 rounds while resting on a bench (usually with a bi-pod) , and see where it hits. Then adjust the windage and elevation accordingly (i think it's 1 click per inch - it's always trial and error for me).

It may not be as scientific as the way others do it here, but it does the job.

[ETA.  there was a post made somewhere comparing all the different carryhandle brands and their settings. I can't recall if it was made by Lumpy or Mongoo. That was a very technical and informative post.]

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:06:00 AM EDT
[#2]
ZERO TARGET DATA FOR M4 CARBINE:

1- For zeroing at 25 meters, Rotate the rear sight elevation knob to the 300 meter (6/3) setting. (Do not use the "Z" mark on the elevation knob.)

2- Aim at target center, adjust sights to move shot group center as close as possibel to the white dot in the center of the target. (for elevation move your front sight post up or down, to get as close as possible)

3- After completing the 25 meter zero, the weapon will be zerod for 300 meters.

ZERO Target data for M16A2/M16A4 rifle:

1- For zeroing at 25 meters rotate the rear sight elevation knob to the 300 meter setting, then clockwise(up) one click past the 300 meter setting for M16A2Rifle, Clockwise (up) two clicks past the 300 meter setting for the M16A4 rifle.

2- Aim at target center, adjust sights to move shot group center as close as possible to the white dot in the center of the target.

3- After completing the 25 meter zero, rotate the rear elevation knob counter-clockwise (down) one click to the 300 meter setting for the M16A2 rifle,Down 2 clicks for the 300 meter setting for the M16A4 rifle, The weapon will be zeroed for 300 meters.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:55:10 AM EDT
[#3]
R-32 hit the nail on the head
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:44:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Could you elaborate on the question? I understood the first part until you asked "and does it mean 600 meter / 300 meter"? What did you mean by that?

I was wondering if this was the 300 meter mark, and also if you make one full turn of the elevation knob, is this supposed to be the setting for 600 meters also, and then 900 meters?

R32,
I can make 2 complete revolutions of the elevation knob.  Is the 300 meter setting with the elevation cranked all the way down, or 1 full turn up?

Thanks for the help, guys.  Like I said, newbie here and I'll be christening her today!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:07:57 AM EDT
[#5]
What does the "Z" mark indicate?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top