Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 7:35:53 PM EDT
I plan on added either an aimpoint, eotech, or trijcon to my new my but im just not sure where to put it whether to mount it on top of the carry handle, in front of the carry handle where the rail sites can be seen through the scope as a backup, or remove the carry handle all together. any suggestions or opinions would be great or even pics of how you guys decided to mount. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#1]
This is what im working with if that helps picture it...

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a292/Clewis08/ODM4.jpg
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:42:36 PM EDT
[#2]
just my opinion, but if it were mine, I'd mount the optic as far forward on the receiver rail as possible, and stick a folding BUIS behind it. To help pay for this, you can always sell the carry handle in the EE.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:27:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd take off  and keep the carry handle, buy the optic and mount and buy the BUIS later. Shame to sell a colour co-oridnated handle.

The EOtech and Aimpoints aren't well suited to carry handle mounting and mounting optics so high up always has cheekweld issues.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:32:40 AM EDT
[#4]

If you go with the Aimpoint or Eotech and your HG are solid enough to hold a zero, I would leave the CH attached and put the optics on the HG and cowitness the sights.

If the HG are not suitable for optics then remove the CH and keep as a BUIS and put the optics on the receiver where they are most comfortable for you.

A compact ACOG will work nicely on top of the CH.  Full-size ACOG works best on the receiver.

My $.02.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:45:10 AM EDT
[#5]
It's a YHM 2-piece. They're not Free Floating and aren't  the best place to put an optic. You want the optic mounted up on the receiver in this case.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:35:50 AM EDT
[#6]

No delta ring or HG cap behind the FSB...looks FF to me but I'm not that familiar with the YHM rails.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top