Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 6:12:19 PM EDT
I have the Troy BUIS and wish to install the Trijicon CP-25Y night sights.  Does the Troy sights use the standard peep and post parts so this will be possible?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:03:38 AM EDT
[#2]
what new-arguy said
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#3]
You won't get much help here ref. night sights. Most of these guys don't need irons , the latest and greatest electronics are IT! Neither wiring, batteries or glass will ever fail. It's all good, don't worry yourself. We are in a new age where the iron sights of the last couple hundred years are totally irrelevant. Just be a good boy and spend hundreds of dollars for the that high-tech equipment. By all means do not be a dinosaur and spend the money on ammunition, training with the irons, you'll get left behind and eaten by the boogey man.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Troy uss an AK based front sight post. I know that someone talked to their factory about making a night sight, but I don't know if they did.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You won't get much help here ref. night sights. Most of these guys don't need irons , the latest and greatest electronics are IT! Neither wiring, batteries or glass will ever fail. It's all good, don't worry yourself. We are in a new age where the iron sights of the last couple hundred years are totally irrelevant. Just be a good boy and spend hundreds of dollars for the that high-tech equipment. By all means do not be a dinosaur and spend the money on ammunition, training with the irons, you'll get left behind and eaten by the boogey man.

That chip on your shoulder must be awfully heavy brother. Get that weight off your shoulder and read whats being said. Have you ever used a rear tritium iron sight? Tell me how it was helpful to you if you have. If not, then I invite you to try it. Were you not so jaded, you would have seen I wrote a front tritium iron sight is a good upgrade, its just the rear that is not very useful.

Did you read the thread where the guy says he doesnt need a back up iron for his EoTech? There's about 8 pages of folks who strongly recomend keeping irons. Im wondering whats got you so sour?

It does seem like I've got a bug up my ass about something, don't it ? I tend to be what some would call "Terse" when I'm mentally exhausted. I've actually just ordered a front night sight and will be trying it out soon. I have heard too many BS artists trying to sell the "You don't need irons" line.I guess they never heard of Murphys Law. I don't want good people to possibly pay a heavy price for that line of crap.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top