Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 3:38:38 AM EDT
does any one here own one ?? for reference look at the mount in the Bushmaster catalog 2005 V.1,  at the top of page 69.

Colt made some of these & they are marked:  "Colt" with Pony in circle.., most of these were replaced with a better mount & the few that are around are laying in a drawer somewhere.., what would a new one of these still in Colt packaging be worth ??

in the Bushy catalog the A.R.M.S. sells for $64.95 (far too much, my opinion) ..., what would a NIW Colt be worth ??
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:43:27 AM EDT
[#1]

The "cheap" carry handle mounts generally will not stay tightened to the carry handle.  THe $15 ones you can get from Tapco and others will loosen after several rounds.  The "expensive" ones like the ARMS (which IMHO is the best carry handle mount) have a built-in locking mechanism in the thumbscrew that will not allow them to loosen during firing.

As for the Colt mount...I have no idea.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I can not comment on the Colt mount but listen to the previous poster. A few months back I purchased a cheap "Leapers" carry handle mount. I then tried a "B-Square" mount. Both would not stay tight without lock-tite and if you took them off, they would not return to zero. I then bit the the bullet and purchased a ARMS-2 extended carry handle mount. I was amazed at the difference. The ARMS mount is a true press fit, in other words you have to push it down in the carry handle and once you tighten the kurled nut, IT WILL NOT COME LOOSE. Took it off the other day and remounted and did not have to touch the scope adjustments when I went to the range today.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:59:29 AM EDT
[#3]
i am familiar with the above replys.., i just want to know about it's collector value & IF anyone actually has one !
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:00:40 AM EDT
[#5]
thank you for the replys.., but i am interested in ONLY the Colt.., which looks exactly like the ARMS #2 !
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top