Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 11:14:00 AM EDT
As a poor college student, I have to really search for the best deals on accessories for my AR. I'm itching for an ACOG (aren't we all?), and Ebay seems to have a few good listings.

Would any of you buy an ACOG off of ebay? Would that somehow circumvent Trijicons warranty, if you bought it through a not factory authorized retailer?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#1]
No

Quantity in Basket: none
Code: 1263
Price: $289.99

www.floridagunworks.com

This is a Cool looking ACOG style 4X35 tactical scope. Rangefinding style reticle, 4 power optics. Includes flat top mount. Can be mounted to carry handle also. Black matte tactical coatind. Similar to the Trijicon 3.5x35. No illumination.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I got my TA01 for $699 on ebay back in March.  The seller had a very high feedback, so I didn't worry one bit.  Arrived brand new, as promised, in original packaging.  

Go for it, just do your hw.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No

www.floridagunworks.com

This is a Cool looking ACOG style 4X35 tactical scope. Rangefinding style reticle, 4 power optics. Includes flat top mount. Can be mounted to carry handle also. Black matte tactical coatind. Similar to the Trijicon 3.5x35. No illumination.  

Huh. Would you know who makes it? (airsoft company comes to mind)
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Go for it!  I got my eotech off ebay.  PERFECT!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No

www.floridagunworks.com

Huh. Would you know who makes it? (airsoft company comes to mind)

+1

would you post a link to this scope? the only acogs i seen were the ta01 and ta31f but both of those are $$$.$$ and not no where near $300
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#6]
on topic
i would not buy anything off ebay especially an acog.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#8]
These things just scream airsoft. I thought the whole point of an ACOg was a tough as nails illuminated sight?

I know eBay is run by some liberal gun hating hippes, but I can't afford to be picky at this moment in my life. I go in to buy textbooks and think "I could have gotten a case of xm193 for that price..."
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.floridagunworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FG&Product_Code=1263&Category_Code=OPTICS+RIFLE+STANDARD

I won't buy anything from a website that can't even spell "tactical" correctly
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#10]
wouldn't the words "acog style" and not acog be a flag for knock-off.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought a TA01 some  5 years ago for less then 400 bucks.  if you can get a ACOG on e-bay for less then what dealers are selling them for go for it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Cal's Sporting Armory offers TA01's at $685. TA31's for $915. RCO's for $985. Great service and better than the prices I found on ebay (except for the heavily used ACOGs).

Also, a guy from CSgunworks has a lotta posts from AR15.com customers who seem to be really happy with the deals he gave them. Hope you find what you're lookin for.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:15:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Make damn sure you are getting a Trijicon product and not some cheap copy.  I have seen more than one copy on ebay and called the sellers on them.

Trijicon ACOGs will have:

The white tritium warning on them.  Some copies don't.

The cast "Trijicon" in the body of the scope.  Most, if not all, copies don't.

The main body and eyepiece are serial number etched on Trijicon scopes.  Most copies aren't.

Look for and ask for detailed pics of these things and your comfort level can go up a little.  As for me, ebay has become to fraud friendly, so I avoid it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#15]
If you google ACOG Style you get the floridagunworks and another website.

http://www.airsoftarms.com/viewproductdetail.php?ProdID=2684

Save your money buy the real deal
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#16]
It says REPLICA in the add on ebay.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Since I just got scammed on Ebay I would say NO!  Fortunately what I paid for cost less than #100, but I may as well have flushed it.  The seller had good feedback too!  If I'm really lucky I might get some back through paypal, but it will take weeks or months.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

No kidding. Thats why I said they just scream "airsoft."
They're obviously phony. I'm looking to save a few bucks on a real ACOG. I know they don't come cheap, but if I can get one for $650 instead of $1250, then I will as long as it has a warranty.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#19]
IMO i try to stay as far away from ebay as i can
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#20]
They aren't all $1250. Being cheap is gonna get you nowhere. Good gear is expensive, but you get what you pay for. It also depends on what model you want. I use a TA44R-4, that I retail for under $800. I have never regretted it, but then again, I don't look for deals, I look for quality. i got my money's worth, to be sure.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#21]
There are many good sellers on E-Bay and twice as many bad ones. Just be cautious and you should get exactly what you paid for.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Make damn sure you are getting a Trijicon product and not some cheap copy.  I have seen more than one copy on ebay and called the sellers on them.

Trijicon ACOGs will have:

The white tritium warning on them.  Some copies don't.

The cast "Trijicon" in the body of the scope.  Most, if not all, copies don't.

The main body and eyepiece are serial number etched on Trijicon scopes.  Most copies aren't.

Look for and ask for detailed pics of these things and your comfort level can go up a little.  As for me, ebay has become to fraud friendly, so I avoid it.

Here are some pics to back up Mongo's post:

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Seller feedback on eBay doesn't matter much if the seller doesn't know what they're selling. If you find an ACOG being sold by someone who ordinarily doesn't sell gun parts you'd better ask for detailed pics and have them clarify their return policy. Otherwise you're asking for trouble.

Around here eBay drop off sites are popping up everywhere. You can bring your stuff and these people will list it on eBay-their fee is usually a percentage of the final selling price.

If a titanium_platinum_super_whizbang_powerseller doesn't know the difference between the real thing and an Airsoft knockoff it's probably because they're selling it for someone else. They can only repeat what they've been told by the (dirtbag) who owns the thing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Ebay works to take away your gun rights, and Pay Pal is part of it.  Why even consider doing business with them?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#25]
yes.  I have bought and sold thousands of dollars worth of stuff on ebay.

1. be skittish.  ie: check feedback, ask alot of good questions.  

2.  if you don't like it, don't buy it.  good deals can be had, but you have to know when to walk away.

3.  don't forget #1.  

I have bought electronics, guitars, classic car parts, and sold similair items as well.  Perfect feedback is what I expect.  I have only given negitive once.  It is not a normal thing. It is something to be concerned about.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:49:41 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding. Thats why I said they just scream "airsoft."
They're obviously phony. I'm looking to save a few bucks on a real ACOG. I know they don't come cheap, but if I can get one for $650 instead of $1250, then I will as long as it has a warranty.

keep an eye in the equipment exchange, there are a few acogs that pop up that are in the $650 price range.

there are also compact acogs that are in or below that price range. hell you might be able to even buy new for that price
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:42:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Would I buy a real ACOG with documentation from a reputable source on Ebay? Yes.

Would I buy one without documentation, or a Chinese knockoff, from ANYWHERE? No.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#28]
bought mine off of ebay, no problems, \m/
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:26:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Keep an eye out on the Equipement exchange.  Check it daily, there are deals to be had.  I haven't looked at the ACOGs on ebay but I've checked out the Eotechs a few times.  I think they are bit expensive on ebay.  I've gotten some amazing Eotech deals on the EE.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#30]
floridagunworks sucks ass.  ACOG clones suck ass.  Ebay sucks ass.
Bad combination
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#32]
I wouldn't. I try to avoid E-bay at all costs. I did buy some ALICE pack parts. But you can't really go wrong there. Most car parts are OK as well. Expensive scopes that are readily copied is alittle to shady for me. Unless I actually wanted a cheap copy...
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:46:40 AM EDT
[#33]
You can also try www.gunbroker.com too.  That is where I got mine.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:08:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Hm, why don't y'all look at EE and shop from the dealers here?  Their prices are very good, and don't have to worry about getting ripped off
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:27:17 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I won't buy anything from a website that can't even spell "tactical" correctly

I was on a website yesterday looking for some tactical toys to buy for my AR15 and it actually stated that they deliver to all 52 states! I wish I could remember the site.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Hm, why don't y'all look at EE and shop from the dealers here?  Their prices are very good, and don't have to worry about getting ripped off

+1

will be ordering a ta47r2 from grant here shortly
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Had a friend buy a fake.  Looked great.  Went to the range and it needed to be ajusted.  Tried to remove the caps on the adjustment screws but they were not caps.  They were a solid piece. No adjustment.  Went inside and the air was cool and the thing foged right up.  Tried to wipe the lens with a lens cloth and it fell out.  Not even an o ring holding it in. Just crap.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.floridagunworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FG&Product_Code=1263&Category_Code=OPTICS+RIFLE+STANDARD

dude that says "acog style"

i would not even bother with that

BUT IT IS COOL LOOKING!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#39]
I have found "online auction" is unsatifactory in my personal experience. First, products are routinely described in glowing terms only to arrive looking like picked over crap from a garage sale. Then, if you say you'll give negative feedback good sellers will "work with you" [lengthy, time-wasting, delicate process], and bad sellers will give YOU negative feedback for saying the truth.

Also, if you do the "proxy bidding" ("put in the maximum you'll pay and let "us" bid for you...", trolls will jack your bid up to your maximum by bidding in the smallest bidding increment allowed until their bid equals yours (you'll win because you were "first in time") or they'll stop when your "proxy bid" wins by less than the bidding increment. At that point, they know what your maximum bid was and they'll stop bidding, leaving you stuck at your max bid.

Check out the bidding history on different auctions and see how many times someone will ratchet up the max bid increment by increment then stop.

Also, try to call the "online auction"  today and see if you can talk to a human... Nobody there? Just like I thought.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#40]
I did.  

The seller had good feedback, and the scope was as described.  

I paid much less for a TA-11E than I would have from SWFA or any other vendor.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#42]
I know a LEO vendor that will sell the TA01 for around $570.00 and that is no BS. Of course you have to be an LEO to get one.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#43]
I bought one here from a dealer/site supporter.It was a great price and I didn't have to sit around and worry if it was a legit deal or not.

Do like I did.Just save up your cash and get a brand spanking new one from a site supporter.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:05:12 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
No

www.floridagunworks.com

I WOULD buy from Ebay before I purchased anything from Floridagunworks. Personally, I buy only from ARFCOM supporting dealers. They have the best prices and will stand behind anything they sell. I have been burned by FGW.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#45]
 I bought one of the compactacogs off ebay and it used. I'm very happy. Bought my TA11 off GunBroker from Marshfield Arms.  Also Happy.  Just check for plenty of + feedback
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Feedbacks there don't mean jack, they are much more useful on ar15.com.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Yes.  Never have been burned on Ebay.  Feedback means ALOT!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:41:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Isnt that ACOG style optic a NcSTAR
I think Trijicon had a lawsuit against them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:27:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Support our industry partners.  Great prices and service.  I can personally speak for Mike as CSGunworks.  He is the real deal.  Excellent prices and more importantly excellent service!  He will be there for you before and AFTER the sale.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top