Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 1:11:58 AM EDT
It think trijicon BAC system is pretty neat, but I don't think it would work with my eyes. First off, I am right handed, but shoot rifle lefty because not only am I left eye dominate, but my right just plain sucks. The vision in my right eye isn't awful (20/40 corrected to 20/25), but it can get lazy when i'm not using it by itself.

I tried testing my ability two use both eyes independantly by closing the front cap of my aimpoint and using it like an OEG. shooting right handed (reverse than normal), using my bad eye to see the dot and good eye for everything else, it kind of worked--my right eye got a little lazy,causing the dot to drift around a little.

Reversing my stance (lefty with good eye focusing on dot and bad eye on everything else), it didn't work at all. My right eye shifted so much that I could not superimpose the dot over my right eye's image.

The BAC method seems similar to this, so I couldn't see it working for me. I would only be able to focus on the magnified image of my dominate eye if i shot lefty. Right handed shooting? I'm not sure, but I don't think I'd want to use my fuzzier eye for aiming.

The obvious answer is to handle an ACOG and see for myself, but I've never even seen an ACOG in person, much less shot with one. Does anyone with a BAC equiped ACOG have a similar experience?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:46:36 PM EDT
[#1]
No it wont work for you.  Look at 1-4X variables.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top