Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2005 12:05:25 PM EDT
I had someone point me to the Maryland AR site FAQ for setting the height of the rear sight. It basically said 8/3-2clicks then set the front post sight for a 50 yard zero.

Problem is my Wilson Combat BUIS has no numerical markings. It has clicks O plenty.

How do I determine a starting height to mimic the 8/3-2click setting?

First AR, so give it to me slow!

Dev
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#1]
just sight it in
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#2]
8/3 refers to the range markings on most fixed rear sights.  If yours is marked differently, crank it all the way to the bottom, usually clockwise, and sight in for 50 yards by adjusting the front sight.  You are then within one minute of bad guy all the way to 270 or so.  You will be an inch or so high at 100 and two or so low at 200.  Beyond that, hold over or shoot it and see what rear sight adjustments are called for at different ranges with your rifle and sight.  A ballistics table for your ammunition is useful.  Good luck.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#3]
he has the wilson buis and iirc it has no elevation so there is no way possible to adjust the height

or at least any solid way of doing it
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#5]
As the above post said, you have no built in bullet drop compensator in your back-up sight. Sight it in at 50 yards and you'll be within 2 1/2 inches out to around 220 yards or so. If shooting beyond that, you will have to hold over ( estimate bullet drop ) or do some testing to see how namy clicks you would have to move the elevation knob to get POA=POI ( point of aim=point of impact ) at each distance after that. Mark the elevation knob so you will know where your original 50 yard zero was.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This?

www.wilsoncombat.com/images/product/TR-FURS2K.jpg

www.wilsoncombat.com/r_flipup_rear_sight.asp

if this is the buis you have i stand corrected

if this is the one then i would just lower the elev all the way and sight in from there
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep, that's the one.

Thanks, all they way to the bottom it is.

Dev
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top