Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 6:41:44 AM EDT
Do any of you SBR owners with 10.5"-11.5" barrels use a PRI folding front sight?  Just curious if there is any advantage/disadvantage to using one over the standard front sight.  It will be used with either an Eotech or Aimpoint optic mounted to a LaRue 7.0 rail.  Photos would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Mark
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:03:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Folding front BUIS......

Pro- Cleaner view through optic

Con- if optic fails it takes a moment to deploy buis.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:10:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I would get a LaRue 9.0 and get the new version PRI flip sight that mounts on the rail.  I got one coming from JTAC Supply
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:25:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would get a LaRue 9.0 and get the new version PRI flip sight that mounts on the rail.  I got one coming from JTAC Supply

+1 for the low profile GB /LT 9.0
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.  I suppose that if I go the LaRue 9.0 route I will also need a LaRue low profile gas block.  Are you sold on the PRI rail mounted folder versus the Troy?  Any photos?  Mark
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info.  I suppose that if I go the LaRue 9.0 route I will also need a LaRue low profile gas block.  Are you sold on the PRI rail mounted folder versus the Troy?  Any photos?  Mark

Yes you will need the low profile gas block but the price for the rail mounted PRI sight + the LaRue gas block is almost the same price as the PRI flip sight/gas block combo.  I have been sold on the PRI hooded front sight for a long time.  I don't think anyone has one of the new rail mounted ones yet but I'd be willing to bet I'll like it just the same.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top