Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 5:09:15 AM EDT
I don't hype anything and I don't follow fads.  If anything, I'm overly critical.  My only bias is in favor of  things that are properly designed, manufactured, that work, and for companies that are honest, forthcoming, stand behind their gear, and provide good customer service.  I could care less who made it or who sells it.  Lots of Larue hype over the last year.  So, with a new ACOG TA31F, I figured I'd get one to see.  So far, it's as advertised and perhaps more.  I called Larue just to check on torque issues, and to check how they are.  Great folks.  My rails have a little anodizing knocked off here and there simply from ARMS mounts and rings.  That happens, it's aluminum with edges and gets used.  Properly torqued and pushed all the way forward prior to locking the levers, I can't really see how this thing would do any more.  The levers are certainly sturdier, and the tolerances for mounting the ACOG in the mount cradle are more precise a fit than my ARMS or TA51 mount that was on it.  I'll be testing holding of zero and return to zero soon.  Thus far, I'm impressed!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:17:04 AM EDT
[#1]

+1

I have been very impressed with mine as well...and it returns to zero thus far perfectly.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
+1

I have been very impressed with mine as well...and it returns to zero thus far perfectly.

+2, and mine returns to Zero as well every time. (and I don't mean within .5MOA, I mean Zero)

Tack
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top