Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2005 7:21:08 AM EDT
New guy here with questions. I recently bought an ML2 with QR-P mount and Aimpoint rail to mount on my A-2 upper. This puts the optic in front of the carry handle. I asked the Aimpoint folks if this setup would allow for co-witness with my iron sights. I was told that it would . Well....it doesn't. Once I mount my optic, the front sight is covered up by the bottom of the optic tube. Also, there is a little "ghost dot" to the lower right of the center dot in my sight. This occurrs in light and dark conditions. What's up with all of this?? Thanks-Seeker325
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:09:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for all the info guys. I think that my problem with this setup is this. My front sight post is at max depression in the assembly. Sight picture is what it's supposed to be...had others shoot it to verify so that's just the way the weapon is. Anyway, only about 1/3 of sight assembly is visible in optic, the sight post is below that. No spacer in the QR-P so....another problem there. Put the setup on other rifles at work and there still was not much sight post visible although it was there. It's just the way things are for me....Charlie Brown factor. I'll have to either raise the bridge or lower the river. I'm thinking that the ARMS throw lever mount for the Aimpoint sits a little lower. A guy at work will have one tomorrow and I'll try that. I suppose it's nothing that a little more money can't fix. hinking.gif
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top