Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 5:52:03 PM EDT
The adjustable part A2 sight is slightly canted. It is under spring tension and is sits a little to the left. Is that normal? Is it correctable?
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Totally normal; mine does that, new-arguy's does that (if he hasn't replaced it with a 40 Megawatt LASER, of course! ), they all do that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#2]
mine too

Im replacing it with an optic.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#3]
oh no.  that's bad.
send it to me for disposal
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#4]
A2 front sight?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is it correctable?

What's to correct?  There needs to be enough space between the sight and receiver for the sight to move smoothly, and without the spring the sight would wobble all over the place.   With the spring the sight is always slightly canted but what is important is that it is always canted in exactly the same way for every shot.  

If it really bothers you and you have money too spend there are some special rear sights that have a spring on each side to keep it straight, although I personally doubt the accuracy of such a setup.  By equalizing the pressure on the sides you are back to the original problem of a sight that can wobble instead of always being in exactly the same position.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top