Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 2:02:19 PM EDT
Can you see the red dot at ALL on the first two settings of the power knob? IF not go in to a dark room and try it to see if that helps.

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:57:16 PM EDT
[#2]
nope
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I cannot see the red dot too about the 5th and 6th settings when outside in the highdesert.

If I go into a completely light starved room, I can see the dot on the 2nd setting but is hardly usable.  The dot would have to be on the 4th setting to be of use.

-Jim
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I can if I look close enough.  But then again I am younger.  Dunno if that has anything to do with it.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, I have to change my answer to yes.  I tried in just about total darkness and if I look real hard I can see it.  But that's staring at the scope, not looking at the target.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:58:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Great, anyone else please share your observations.

This is what I am wondering, With the M2 being billed as NVD compatible and the ML2 as NOT, it is now seeming to me that the ML2 works JUST fine with NVDs and the marketing is a great deal of hype. Now to most people the use of a NVD is a completely moot point but for those considering an NV purchase and thinking that they will have to go spend $350 and up for an M2 so it will work may not have to.

IPSC_GUY (staring into the dark) sends
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Is the the red dot on your aimpoint actually round like a dot should be or is it misshaped?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#8]
The dot on mine is pretty much round, but you can't tell this unless you have it at just the right setting.  Too high and it has a halo.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top