Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 8:39:27 AM EDT
I am looking to buy a tacpoint for my remington 870 project gun.  To those who own one,  can it take the recoil of a 12 gauge?   Also where are these made?  In Japan or in China?  
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I just bought one and I think they are made in Japan.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#2]
What's your take on the tacpoint?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#3]
They are made in China. (at least all of the new Blue Ring versions are.) And I would expect it to handle the recoil as well, or better than any other $100 red dot. At least one member here mounted one on a .308 and it works fine. One thing to be aware of, a 12 gauge can kill just about anything over time. So, if it did go tits up, I would not be suprised. But, it does have a lifetime warranty, so you can get it fixed or replaced for free. Good luck, and update us with your results if you buy one and use it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Save your money and buy something more durable. The Bushnell holosight would be a good choice. The recoil of a shotgun on an Airsoft red dot wouldn't last very long. Buy quality the first time and you won't have to worry about warranties. (for the most part)
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Save your money and buy something more durable. The Bushnell holosight would be a good choice. The recoil of a shotgun on an Airsoft red dot wouldn't last very long. Buy quality the first time and you won't have to worry about warranties. (for the most part)

I am guessing by your user name, you are the "new" airsoft expert around here.
The Bushnell (made by EOTech) would be a better choice. But it is twice the price. If you can afford to go the Bushnell route, than do it. If not, the tacpoint will serve as well as any other optic in the $100 price range.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I think it’s an outstanding optic. My airsoft team is fully equipped with Tacpoints and we have had great success with them. If they can handle the rigors of a full on airsoft contest, I see no reason why they would have any trouble with an 870.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it’s an outstanding optic. My airsoft team is fully equipped with Tacpoints and we have had great success with them. If they can handle the rigors of a full on airsoft contest, I see no reason why they would have any trouble with an 870.

LOL
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm pickin up your sarcasm,  either that or your teammates are such lousy shots you just hit your oponents with your rifles.   Anyways I'm leaning towards the Aimpoint.  But thanks for the lighthearted input.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top