Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 5:28:24 AM EDT
i have read some good reviews, anybody have one, how is it?  i am mounting this on a AR10A4 and the mojority of shooting is going to be in the 100-300 yard range.  for 400 bucks it sounds good and brusnell is backing the liftime warrenty.  I hear the turrets are great and its feels pretty durible.  well thanks for the info
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:04:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I am going to be getting one of the 10x42's but I am not getting the side focus.  I actually heard that the rear focus models were better.  Can't remember why though
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:06:20 AM EDT
[#2]
well i am going to order it on friday. and ill let you know how it works out.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:36:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out www.snipershide.com for a review on that scope.  Folks there seem to really like it, especially for the cost.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:58:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I put one on a bushy varmiter special. First time out today. Best 3 shot group at 100 yards, I can cover with a dime. It snowed this morning and was kinda cold to stay too long.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one on my Springfield Armory NM M1A. Very solid scope, with crystal clear optics.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked one up (side focus) a few month back. I love it. It is sitting on my M1A, and has not given me any problems several hundred rounds later. Is it as good asa Mk.IV? Probably not, but it is 1/3 or so of the price...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the 10 x 42 on my H&K 91 and it works fine.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one on my Saveage 110. Over 1000 rounds: repeatable (but soft clicks), repeatability is perfect in standard offsets, ranging is accurate, adn I prefer the US Army dots to the USMC 'lemons'. Tough as nails: I won't do it but I bet you can drive tent pegs with this thing.

10x42
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had one & Used it for a few years before I traded it ( I moved up to a Nightforce), Optics are very good, Just be sure to tighten down & Loctite the turret screws in place or they will shoot loose, Causing you to not be able to make adjustments properly.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the 10x42M.  It is what it is.... a budget, high feature, fixed power scope.  It aint super duper glass or quality.  But it works.  Soft clicks:  can be fixed by removing adjustment turrets and greasing the O-ring and replacing.  Apply blue locitite and firmly tigthen turrets back down, tightening each set-screw a little at a time to keep the pressure applied concentric.  Use loctite or they will shoot loose.  Perform this operation once you get your 100yd or 200yd zero, then set the turrets to zero on each.  If you just cant afford a Leupy long range tactical.... these are decent at around half the price.

If you aren't going to really use the elevation adjustments for long range shooting.... save your money, buy a cheaper scope now, and save up for a really good one later.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top