Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 11:39:24 AM EDT
I have a 20" A2 and now I want a carbine with some goodies so I looked through the posts and the stickies and have most of what I want picked out. But I just need a little help with what you think will be the best way to set up the BUIS and mount for the Aimpoint ML2.

The rife will be a Bushmaster 16" flat top.  So what is the best mount for an Aimpoint ML2 and would you choose a flip up rear sight or a solid.  

I am thinking about the ARMS A2 flip up and I have no idea on the mount for the ML2.

Thanks
MIke
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered the Arms A2.  I think a fixed BUIS would be a distraction.  I think the flip ups mentioned here are all quality and do the same job so I went with the lowest price(Arms #40a).

Didn't research Aimpoint mounts as I went with an Eotech, but Larue looks to be the best.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#2]
i used arms #40's more than once, i like them.. i am now using a LMT buis with a KAC aimpoint mount and i think i like it better, the iron sights are in the lower 3rd of the scope and they dont bother me at all. plus i like the normal ajustment's on the buis and it matches my RRA upper very well the arms grey sticks out,i also have the arms M2268 with the cantalever spacer  i like the KAC mount better its color matches better and i think it looks better.

with my acog arms #40 would be my choice as the fixed buis wont work.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:32:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Mike,
Lots of very well made products on the market. I recently had to make the same decisions for Aimpoint ML2 mount and BUIS for my Colt flat top, using factory fsb. I made my purchases based on the advice of a dealer that stocks A.R.M.S. , GG&G, YHM, Troy, LMT,  but not LaRue. He indicated that it would be smart to purchase an aimpoint mount and buis from the same company, so I did. I purchased the cantilever aimpoint, and locking A2 rear from GG&G. I like the forward positioning of the cantilever mount for stereo vision, and the spare battery compartment built in to the mount. The fit and finish are perfect. The arms products are great, and less $. I am going to buy their #40 stnd BUIS and their #22M68 aimpoint mount with cantilever spacer for my next build. The solid BUIS are very popular, fast as there is nothing to activate, but I don't like the obstructed view.  If you have access, store or friends, to any of these products do yourself a favor and look through them before you make a decision.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#4]
the FSB blocks more sight than the fixed BUIS ,the large hole apature goes super thin as you look threw the aimpoint so i dont see these problems , maybe i need byfoculs or somthing?

Most dealers push what ever's in stock or has the best markup.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top