Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 6:04:11 PM EDT
When is it an asset? When is it a liability? Why?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#1]
i use my manual gain in both condition of high light and low light (when using it head mounted).  i like to balance the image with the surounding natural light.  the i just boost the gain to zero in on something. when using the pvs14 casually, like around the house or just using it hand held i run the gain maxed out.

i guess the only down side is that the knob can be broken easily from others have said and the pvs14 is heavier its cousin the 6015 and  the newer mini14 mono.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I just wondered if at times it was a pain to have to fiddle with it.  I am debating between a the PVS 14 and the mini14 and did not know if I nedded or even wanted the gain control. However, I can't seem to find  a PVS 14 anyway.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top