Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 2:09:23 PM EDT
It has a bit of play back and forth when mounted on the RASII hump. I assumed that it was tight enough because it was already rubbing off the finish under the rail. I really don't care about the finish, I just want the mount to stay in one place so I tightened the throw lever with a bit of luck, but there is still movement when moderate force is applyed. Should I tighted it more?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Mark LaRue advises to tighten the nut until it is "just short of painful on the thumb" to unlock the lever. If you adjust to this parameter and still have movement, then your rail is too far out of spec for the normal LaRue mount clamp to adjust for. I had this problem with a J&T upper. The front part of the flat top rail was way out of spec. Mark was kind enough to make me up a special "SailorDude Bastard lever" which did the trick. Mind you, this was back in "the old days" (4 months ago). He may be too busy to screw with it now but, it wouldn't hurt to shoot him an e-mail.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Also make sure you have properly tightened the screws holding the Aimpoint in the mount itself, with LocTite.

If they are loose, it can make it seem like the whole mount is moving.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:53:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Also make sure you have properly tightened the screws holding the Aimpoint in the mount itself, with LocTite.

If they are loose, it can make it seem like the whole mount is moving.

It's the mount, I'll tighten it to SailorDude's specs and report back, thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:16:18 AM EDT
[#4]
if you have black screws make sure you soak them in fingernail polish remover... as well as the steel inserts in the mount... with a cue-tip...

if its so tight that its taking the finish off it should be on there very snug...
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I tightened it to SailorDude's specs and all is good now, It's a rock solid mount!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top