Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 1:37:12 PM EDT
www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=148346

I was looking at this scope and wanted to see if anyone has had luck with this scope.  Thanks for your replies.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#1]
This is from their website:

One of the most desired parameters for a tactical scope is the Apparent Field of View (Magnification X FOV in degrees) for fast target acquisition and tracking of moving targets. Taking the AFV concept further than Trijicon ACOG (3.5x7=24.5) and Elcan (3.5x8=28) the ATN 4x12 SWATS has an AFV of 4x12=48(!).

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Apparent FOV is not bullshit, but a standard measurement usually given in a optic spec sheet.
IF you don't like that, then look instead at the FOV in degrees, this thing is said to have a 12 (!!!) degree FOV, like holy crap!  THAT's HUGE!  I would suspect though that in order to boost it that large that their is noticeable barrel/pin cushion distortion towards the outer edges of the image...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Note the eyerelief, only 2 inches, that's were they came up with some of the FOV, but still it's HUGE!
Also note how much the dang thing weighs!  Makes an ELCAN look light and handy.....
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for correcting. my completely mistaken assumption about the Apparent FOV.  I'll delete that immediately.

I did notice the weight!  That would definitely make for a tippy weapon if mounted on the carry handle.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Optics is one of the most confusing thing.  Trying to find the right one without overpaying is tough.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top