Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 10:37:11 AM EDT
  How long do the acogs last before the tritium quits and do they replace them?I want to buy an acog but I dont want to pay a grand for it if the tritium is going to go out 10 years down the road
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Expected half-life for the tritium in the lamp is 10 years, so it should be half as bright ten years from now as it is today.  Trijicon replaces the lamp for a reasonable fee: you do not have to buy a new scope.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#2]
anyways a 10 year life span iosnt bad for a scope much ;ess just having the recticle replaced.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Also, you still have the fiber optic light collector on the TA31. The tritium really only illuminates the reticle in darkness. In most cases, the majority of light comes from the fiber optic collector.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:05:55 PM EDT
[#4]
is that the same for all acogs because im also thinking about the ta01 because they are in stock and they are cheaper. The only reason i havnt bought a tao1 yet is i really need to know if I can use them in close quarters. I know they are not aimpopints but I just want them to work ecen if they are a little blurry.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#5]
TA01 ARE NOT BAC scopes .. CQB would be much better with a TA31 OR TA11 WITH BAC capability.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top