Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2004 12:42:38 PM EDT
I currently have an A4 flat top with no rear sights.  I was going to go with an Aimpoint with a ARMS ring and cantilever but after pricing everything out it came out to just over $500 and I still need a BUIS.  Should I just go with the Leopold and call it a day?  I can get the mark 4 for $650.  What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:45:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I need an all in one optic that will be capable of sooting close to mid range.  What do you think about the factory mount?  Is it acceptible?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone have any negative coments about these things.  I've looked at all the most popular sights.  The only other one I am even considering is the aimpoint.  I dont know if I'll like it though.  When I looked through the Leopold I said "thats it" then saw the price an wavered a little.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anyone have any negative coments about these things.  I've looked at all the most popular sights.  The only other one I am even considering is the aimpoint.  I dont know if I'll like it though.  When I looked through the Leopold I said "thats it" then saw the price an wavered a little.

I think that's the major downfall of the optic.  It's very pricey.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:26:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I think that's the major downfall of the optic.  It's very pricey.

Yeah, that and it's a tad on the heavy side, but other than those factors I think it's a darn fine optic.  I don't have one yet, but I've used one on three occasions and liked it a lot every time.

There's a rumor (BIG stress on rumor) that Leupold has a second generation in the works.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:55:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Alot of people dont seem to like them. I'm surprised ARFCOM has some positive feedback on these scopes.

Another option, if you are looking for a 1-4x scope, is the IOR 1.1-4x Tactical. It cost about the same, but I think its a bit lighter. I dont know anything about the battery life though.

I think thats a Bushmaster. You can tell by the charging handle.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:11:16 AM EDT
[#8]
They're nice scopes. A little on the heavy side but not to excessive. I'm selling mine LNIB for $635 on the EE
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:08:54 AM EDT
[#9]
a fixed power contender would be the new IOR 3x that has a post about a page back i think on here... I'll be getting one monday probibly so I'll post what I think about them...

-Roth
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:07:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I have heard the IOR scopes lit reticle wont work during the daytime so no daytime BAC nor Aimpoint dot brightness during the day with that set up.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top