Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2004 2:41:29 PM EDT
Hi, I'm setting up a new rifle, with an LMT upper, Larue Aimpoint mount, and LMT BUIS. The Aimpoint is nice and tight, but there is an excessive amount of play to the BUIS. I can tighten it down, but it still rattles about. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:11:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The Aimpoint and the mount are fine; the problem is with the BUIS rattling against the upper.

I see the FDCC signature...hopefully I'll be out there next month!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Right...that worked part of the way, but I finally ended up cheating and just grabbing the thumbscrew with the channel-locks and torquing it down to no-rattle mode. his,
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:49:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#7]
The coin and the channel locks weren't really getting along well (crappy pair of pliers, not terribly well designed for holding coins), so I was unable to keep a good flat grip on the coin. Instead, I gripped the knurled "thumbscrew" directly. I took care to not tighten it excessively, just to the point where the sight was secure.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Larue Aimpoint mount         The Aimpoint is nice and tight

I believe you have already found the fix for this problem yourself.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Get the right tool for the job.  I have a set of gunsmithing screwdrivers with interchangeable bits of all sizes.  The largest bit was a good fit to my LMT BUIS.  It is nice and tight on the upper with NO DAMAGE to the slot in the screw head.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Your Ok if they were tactical channel locks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
YOU DID WHAT ?!?

LMAO

Roger that.

Hey, at least he's not one of those shrill "oh no, I scratched my rifle" homos...

Those scrathes aren't just normal scratches.  They're couture.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
YOU DID WHAT ?!?

LMAO

Roger that.

Hey, at least he's not one of those shrill "oh no, I scratched my rifle" homos...

Those scrathes aren't just normal scratches.  They're couture.

Who's got the Sig line, that's not a scratch but a highly desirable patina?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top