Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 6:24:25 PM EDT
OK, to start with, I'm a little lost on some of the new hi-tech stuff I put on my newest build.  I mistakenly thought, based on an earlier thread, that I had the wrong LaRue mount for my RAS II.  I rechecked after doing some searches and it seems that in fact I do have the right one.  So, I moved my Aimpoint/LaRue combo onto the RAS II hump and flipped up my ARMS #40 BUIS.  Here's the problem: the BUIS co-witnesses in the lower 1/4 of the Aimpoint's window.  Now I should explain that for several years the only AR I have been shooting has an ARMS #40 with a Holosight (roughly equivalent to an EOTech).  The BUIS on that rifle co-witnesses right in the center of the Holosight and as I result I do not have to move my head/cheek weld one iota when transitioning from reddot to BUIS.  Now, with the Aimpoint/LaRue, if I center the reddot in the Aimpoint and flip up my BUIS, I have to lower my head to get the front post to center inside the rear sight ring.  Is this normal?  Will it screw up my POA?  Isn't it bad to have to change your cheekweld when going from primary to backup optic?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#1]
It will be fine.

It is made that way to keep the view thru your Aimpoint less cluttered.

I run a Vltor stock.  It requires very little, if any, movement to go to irons.

If you have been using something different for the last few years, it will just take some getting used to.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:12:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:38:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Should I be able to see the entire rear sight ring in the Aimpoint window when the BUIS is up?  As it is, I only get about 75% of the rear sight.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top