Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 3:22:16 PM EDT

This is with ~3 year old LE223T1 rounds from an improvised prone, resting on the loaded 30rnd mag as best as I could hold.  Those are the hits out of ~15-20.  I really can't complain, the dot is pretty big on top of that target at distance.

Same ammo, 100 yards sitting (unable to prone b/c of a rise in the range).  Not great but shows what pilot error I was dealing with
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I promise to get better groups next time that may be reply worthy
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#2]
looks pretty good to me!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:44:04 PM EDT
[#3]
My mom always told me if you have nothing good to say . . .
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I was pretty pleased with as many hits as I had, thinking 4MOA dot, 230yds, 8.5x11" target...  Next time I'll bring the scope riser along for sure.

We were shooting glass (residential, no laminated this round) and had some interesting variance in spall and tumble.  

Some of the spall patterns of note, and the first shows the thickness of the primary backer board:

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I am still working with the M2, but I still fid my irons to be more accurate at mid/long range.  I still have to do better then a backpack and m193 as variables though  .

Good shooting!

-Redfoot
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd agree, but that front post was pretty big.  Bigger than my ML2 dot by several times.  YMMV

edited to add - I still like my XM193 (only on my 2nd 1000), but free is free
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:56:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Remember guys,

This is battlesight shooting, not benchrest, or Olympic Match Target shooting. The AR was designed for center-of-mass hits on a man-sized target at 300 meters or less. I think Res did a good job.......
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:57:05 AM EDT
[#8]
One of my friends mounted an Aimpoint on a scout mount on his standard M1A. He was able to get good hits on a letargets Q steel plate at a ranged 325 yards from field positions. The dot pretty much obscured a good part of the plate-as do the irons-at that range. I intend to take out my Aimpoint/bush rifle combo to see if I can do the same the next time out.

I have shot my M4 at 200 yards with an Aimpoint. Hitting the Q plate offhand was quite easy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#9]
i'm shooting about 8inch-ish circle at 300m...

last i checked my chest is wider than that...

4moa works... plain and simple...

i wanna see some of you eotech shooters blast at a siloette at 300m and see how your hitting...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, I was looking to see how it (the aimpoint) worked out that far.  I was happy to see some hits, and if I wanted to lie and call the close rounds a group, well...  I haven't been to a CMP / Service rifle range to see how things look at extended distance, but those targets aren't run off a copy machine either

I put these up in case any prospective members of the Cult of Aimpoint (CoA, whose chant is "One of us, one of us...") is second guessing the usefulness beyond 100.  I know I was curious before I ordered mine as many here will say they have hit to 300, 500, 600M or yds, but you don't see evidence.  Next time I play with the bolt-gunners I'll toss up a threat silhouette and see how I do with a bit more target to index my POA on.  

This was also my M&A lightweight bbl kit gun for those interested, but I didn't want to cross-post all over the world.

mo4040 - Thanks for the support, the next time I'm out on that range I'll use a short mag and the carbine should be more 'evil', being post-AWB and all  That can't help but improve outcomes right?  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i'm shooting about 8inch-ish circle at 300m...

last i checked my chest is wider than that...

4moa works... plain and simple...

i wanna see some of you eotech shooters blast at a siloette at 300m and see how your hitting...

If I were shooting for group, at 300M, I wouldn't be using an Eotech equiped AR... Save that for what it is intended for.

~Crp
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top