Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2004 3:34:53 AM EDT
We all know that mixing sights on a flat top carbine can sometimes require a taller front sight post...

Would there be any such issues with an LMT rear sight (or ARMS, or anything) and a Troy rail-mounted front sight?

Also, I'm using a DD 12" tube...   Since I'll be using a full sight radius, does that negate the whole mixed-sight-wrong-height issue altogether?

Thanks in advance for helping me get these issues worked out.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT.  Anyone?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The Troy front seems to work fine on my AR10 PRI tube, my AR15 PRI tube, and my MRP.  You're probably good to go.

-z
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The Troy front seems to work fine on my AR10 PRI tube, my AR15 PRI tube, and my MRP.  You're probably good to go.

-z

Zak, what rear sight do you use?  Thanks...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Larry,
If you are looking for a frint sight to go with your rear LMT BUIS...

Actually, the Troy front sight is on order, and I'm still mulling over my rear sight options.  I'm leaning toward the LMT because it's elevation adjustable.  On another rifle (w/ BM M4 bbl), I needed the tall front sight post to go with my DCH and I wanted to see if there were issues with the Troy/LMT combo since I'm pretty sure I'm stuck with the included sight blade in the Troy front sight.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want to put an optic on, the get a folder. The ARMS #40 or my prref. is the #40L, with dual apertures, and spring loaded and can't get knock down by branches, etc.
Goog Shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I have used the LMT and the Troy rear.

-z
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top