Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 6:51:07 AM EDT
I've been getting mixed opinions about the two,

but what's the better source for infra-red light when using NV??

tip off filters like the m900 with the FM13 (which I hear others can see the visible light)

or

Surefire M1 flashlight

what produces more light (I assume the m900 + filter would because of the 9v source the light is generated from)?

M1 produces 10mw of output for 15-hours of runtime on a single lithium battery, and projects a bright, perfectly smooth spot at over 100 meters (maximum distance varies according to atmospheric conditions)
and
my M900 produces either:
125 lumens for one hour of runtime with the high-output lamp, or 225 lumens for 20 minutes with the included ultra-high output lamp.

NV professions please lend a hand...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:04:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an M1.

It has an LED, not a conventional bulb.

It runs for appx 8 hours on 1 battery.

It creates IR light, not white light filtered to IR.

It runs "cool".

It puts out a sharply focused bright IR beam. Indoors it is really bright. Outdoors it can really light up an area up to appx 50 ft, depending on reflection etc. It works great with my US Gen III goggles.

An M900, will run 60 minutes on 3 batteries.

It will create white light and heat.

The filter will ELIMINATE a lot of the light that is produced. There may also be white light leakage. It may be easier to see an M900-IR setup than an M1 with a naked eye.

Considering runtime, usable light produced etc. I would go with an M1 over a filter.

M1 IR $123.00 MSRP
FM13 IR Filter $101.00 MSRP

I think considering the relativley close prices of the 2, I would get the M1.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top