Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 2:30:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:48:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:49:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got the ones from Brownell's, after I saw what the metal ARMS inserts did to one of my scopes.  Haven't used them yet, but I have to believe they're gonna be a little more gentle to the scope tube...the metal ones have some pretty sharp edges on them.

What's interesting about the delrin ones is that they have a flange on one end, I guess to help secure them.  

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:43:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I  just  ordered a new aimpoint 30mm mount a  few days ago,  it hasnt got here yet.
But, it  come  with a  insert,  so  1"  scope can be  used,  if  your friend want that insert.
He welcome  to it.

TG
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 9:52:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't see how the ARMS #37 incerts can hurt a scope, I have been using them for a few years, and know others that do. They don't have any sharp edge I have ever seen, in fact they are very smooth inside. Delrin is not a stable material, it collapses/crushes and reforms it's self like nylon, but more so. Delron would seem to defeat the purpose of steel rings,true  rigidness for the optic would bo gone.
Jack
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#7]
If I take mine, and put them together, I can feel the edges between the two halves with my finger as I slide it around the inside....this is what probably scratched by scope as I twisted it to align the crosshairs for that final tweak...maybe I had the the rings a little too tight for that, but I don't know whet else to tell ya.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top