I found it as well, sounds like: [BS2]

[url]http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh/scope.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#2]
It is BS

Hakko made airsoft knockoffs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Hm, it could be that they sell Trijicon ACOGs, not necessarily manufacture them.  All of mine say Made in the USA, maybe you bought yours from Botach, hehe [:d]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Those are fake ACOGS that the crooks over there like to copy do to anything they can get thier grubby little hands on. They are about as honest as Sadam.
Jack
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, just don't shoot the messenger.  That is the only info I have seen on that.  If the ACOG is made in the US, where?  I wonder if this could be one of the old, parts assembly here, but they came from somewhere else, or visa versa?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If the ACOG is made in the US, where?  
View Quote

Ever try reading their web page? Thats what it is there for, information about their company.

Seems they have just doubled the size of their manufacturing plant to keep up with the demand.

Building addition
(Wixom, MI) Trijicon, Inc., a worldwide leader in the development of innovative, self-luminous firearms aiming systems, has broken ground for a new addition to its Wixom, Michigan manufacturing facility. The 23,000 sq. ft. addition will more than double the size of the existing facility which was built in 1993. Approximately 18,000 sq. ft. of the new addition will be dedicated to increased manufacturing space and the remaining 5,000 sq. ft. will be devoted to additional administrative space. Trijicon expects the expansion to be completed by 1 January, 2004.

Trijicon is a pioneer in the design and use of battery-free, tritium-illuminated scopes and sights that enhance aiming in low light conditions. The company and its founder, Glyn Bindon, hold several U.S. and international patents on a unique product line of technologically advanced aiming devices which have become enormously popular with a variety of elite military units, law enforcement agencies and sport shooters both domestically and globally. Several Trijicon products have accompanied U.S. and Coalition troops into battle in Operation Iraqi Freedom, just as they did in Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Desert Storm as well as other trouble spots around the world.

Trijicon’s expanded facilities will mean increased production capabilities as well as additional staff. Those enhancements will enable the company to better meet the growing demand for its increasingly popular products.
View Quote

And when you are finished reading about how the ACOG's are made in the USA, try out the cool BAC flash demo : [url]www.trijicon-inc.com/aiming.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#7]
snort
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, just don't shoot the messenger.  That is the only info I have seen on that.  If the ACOG is made in the US, where?  I wonder if this could be one of the old, parts assembly here, but they came from somewhere else, or visa versa?
View Quote

I Posted this - 11/19/2003

I have been to their Wixom plant.

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=215950&w=searchPop[/url]

ACOG Assembly Supervisor

Company: Trijicon, Inc.
Pay: $35,000
Shift: Second Shift (Afternoon)

Department: ACOG Assembly

Manager: Optics Production Manager

Responsibilities:

* Supervising departmental personnel in accordance with Company’s values in pursuit of the Company’s mission.
* Monitoring human resource activities in the Department.
* Scheduling and assigning daily tasks
* Training of departmental personnel
* Inventory control
* Updating bill of materials
* Overseeing all perpetual and periodic inventory counts
* Reviewing and correcting the employee time tracking system
* Maintaining employees training records
* Maintaining our inventory, scrap, and hold areas
* Writing and updating work procedures/instructions
* Maintaining the Quality Assurance System in the department
* Technical problem solving on assembly issues
* Reviewing and addressing repair issues on all telescopic sight products
* Performs other related tasks, as assigned

Requirements:

* B.S. degree in Business Administration/Production Inventory Management or equivalent
* Ability to lead, motivate, select, train, and instruct staff.
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
* Ability to delegate responsibilities
* Basic computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Adaptable to change
* Attentive to detail, accurate and well organized
* Able to effectively prioritize
* Able to work on multiple tasks at once
* Dependable and reliable

Hours:
4:00 p.m. to 12 a.m., Monday through Friday
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:17:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I know a waiter in Florida that would be perfect for that job...
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I know a waiter in Florida that would be perfect for that job...
View Quote

It was posted on Monster.com about a month ago.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:45:17 AM EDT
[#11]
http://www.hakko-japan.co.jp/optical/index.htm
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:56:56 AM EDT
[#12]
All these responsibilities, skills requirement and god awful hours, and only $35K a year?  For what they charge they could at least pay their people better.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:25:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
All these responsibilities, skills requirement and god awful hours, and only $35K a year?  For what they charge they could at least pay their people better.
View Quote

I thought that was bad until I saw the add for a QC Manager listing the pay as $55,000.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#14]
That BAC flash presentation is the worst thing I have ever seen.  It it no way explains how BAC works.  It does not even show it working like an OEG or have the magnified view as a shodowy see through type of thing or anything.  It just made BAC look like total BS IMO.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Employee discounts???

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#16]
If a supervisor with a BS degree is making only 35K there, imagine what the ho-hum line assembler is making...

Maybe I'm jaded from living in PRK, but I unfortunately am now imagining Trijicon having a hoard of non-English speaking workers who have no idea wtf they are making, just timecard punching human robots...  [V]I hope I am wrong.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:32:42 AM EDT
[#17]
I worked with a guy that does CNC machining and setups. He was offered $15.50/hr, which I think is right for his experience level. I have to admit, $35 is stertching it pretty thin for a management position. There would be a whole lot of hourly guys under him making more than that with overtime....

Dave
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top