Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2003 4:02:02 AM EDT
I bought one and sent it immediately in for repairs and was told they cannot fix it and do not know when they will have a fix AND that it is a known defect.

1. the left lower quadrant has a red bloom so anything in that area has a red shade to it.

2. the aiming point has a ghost so you will see 2 aiming points.

I cannot believe they know their product is defective and are still selling it!

anyways, their customer service is good they will be working with the dealer so I can get a complete refund.

I highly recommend you do not buy the tripower will they work out their problems.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:30:07 AM EDT
[#1]
While I can't speak for others, the very fact of how long these sights "took" to actually arrive on the market, made me highly sceptical of their performance IRL.

I have yet to see one, to even look at and would not plop my hard earn cash down on an un-proven product, which given the popularity if the Aimpoints and EOTechs (which I have, both) places Trijicon in a lousy market condition.

Posts such as yours, only make me more sceptical......

Perhaps ya just got a bad one, will they replace it? Preferably with one that works?

Mike
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:02:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

anyways, their customer service is good they will be working with the dealer so I can get a complete refund.
View Quote

This is reassuring.  At least they're taking care of you.  I'd love to hear from anyone else who has any experience with one of these.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:14:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:42:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree the Tripower is disappointing, but if not for the red haze under some conditions, the optic would be very good indeed. The red haze was more of an issue under bright artificial lights for me. Wasn't terribly noticeable outside.

I still like mine, despite the problems. Would I have bought it knowing the problem existed beforehand, probably not.

I haven't noticed a ghost with the reticle. I'll look for it.

I've shot my TX30 topped Colt a number of times now under different outside lighting conditions. I like the sight, or at least the "concept" of the sight. If Trijicon corrects the defects, they will have a winner.

Hmmmm, a complete refund you say? Interesting.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Before, just like a lot of people, I was pretty hyped up to get one of these.

Now, just like a lit of people, I am pretty disapointed in whats been produced...

While there were monthly threads over the last year or so with people complaining they couldnt get any yet, lots of folks said they would rather have no tri-power than one that didnt work. Here's the reason why [:(].

I wish they never released these things in the condition they appear to be in.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Conceptually good.  Delivery bad.

Even if they fix the problem, I'll stick to my Aimpoint and EoTech
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Someone on this forum even posted photos of the infamous "red bloom".  You're not alone.

At least there's always an ebayer or airsofter that will buy it (or whatever else you don't need anymore).  
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:06:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

2. the aiming point has a ghost so you will see 2 aiming points.
View Quote

I didn't see this UNTIL I activated the battery to enhance the chevron brightness-resulting in 2 chevrons. Crap. Not sure how I didn't notice it before.

Time to call Trijicon, I guess [:(]

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top