Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2003 6:09:46 PM EDT
So I have a weaver front site block. At this point I need to put something on it.

What flip sight is good? I have pictues of GG&G ARMS..   hard to tell what's best.

Would it be best to toss the weaver base and just go with a complete gas block/flip combo?

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Best front flip up FRONT sight is the PRI! ARMS makes the best REAR sight, the #40 folder.
Jack
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]
PRI!  So good that we may not build one.  [;)]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:56:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Read these two threads. . .

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=173358&w=searchPop[/url]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=173011&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#5]
The PRI looks excellent.

Although, how do I mount my handguards?

I love this place!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:29:14 AM EDT
[#6]
pull your gas block and mount handguards first (if they have their own barrel nut) then replace the gas block you had on there with the PRI unit.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 2:26:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Time for mikey's rhetoric.  While the PRI is for most people the best, if you want a bayonet lug (for whatever reason, say for OMIGAWD a dreaded bayonet, or say for looks like the step in an M4 barrel), or be able to attach accessories/rails to the front sight, then the GG&G is for you.  If you need neither of those things, then the PRI.  When someone makes a unit with the features from both, that one will be the ultimate.

Whoops, reread your post.  You already have a gas block with a rail.  If you don't want the hassle of changing it out for a PRI, then yeah, just get the GG&G flip - there are others, but the GG&G is the best flip for gas block rails at this time. However, replacing it with the PRI flip is the best thing to do.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Knights. Not sure is the best one but I like it the most among PRI, Bushmaster.

Back to PRI, it is a good sight but I like the original version which they dont make it anymore.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top