Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2003 1:48:29 AM EDT
PVS 14 in PRI M69 mount behind EOTech M 552.

PVS 14 forward mounted with TA01NSN ACOG

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:05:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Excellent...

Do you have the IR LED's in the M900?

I hate to sound like one of those guys, but how much does that carbine weigh with all the cool stuff and two full mags?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:05:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome.  Good NV...one of the elusive golden keys to AR Nirvana.  (Along with Sound suppression, SBR's, and the big daddy-full auto.)  I remember when a "preban" was my only lust.  Oh, to be young again.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:19:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice KAC RAS MRE [:d]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:38:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm one of those guys too - what does that thing weigh now [:)] got to be on the far side of 10 pounds without two magazines.

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:54:54 AM EDT
[#5]
There is a lot of stuff on that rifle.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Yer rifle and ACOG need a shower [;)]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#7]
You're right. Weight is a factor but everything that is there is there for a reason. The Redi mag seems to come into question quite a bit. It's unlikely I'd take advantage of it when using the night time set ups. I tend to use it  when I've got the gun out for a walk "plinking" in the daytime with friends more than it sees as much serious use. I like the fact it's there but I don't always have to use it.

To answer bsbg's question, no I use the subdued red LED's so that I can take advantage of the navigation option w/o night vision. I do however use IR filters on the visible white light (though left out of the pic) to illuminate darkened areas and a IR filtered turbo head for throwing invisible light further out when using the forward mount set up ahead of the ACOG.

The IR riding atop the RAS in the Eotech pic is necessary as it's the only realistic way to quickly and effectively employ the carbine when the PVS 14 is head or helmet mounted.

Another thing to consider is that in either set up as viewed here weight isn't as much a contributing factor since the gun would be used in these roles in more of a stationary or limited movement role. Observation and shooting from a fixed position is fantastic with these combinations.

FlyNavy: I actually do use a suppressor on the gun, I left it off to limit the pic size.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yer rifle and ACOG need a shower [;)]
View Quote

You're right man...They get a little dirty when you play in the dirt and the bowflage.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#10]
That zip tie is a very temporary option, I've got a CQB solutions MOUT sling and GGG adapter plate on the way from Grant at G and R tactical.
The area I shoot at is on a bluff and in the dark I didn't want to take a chance and get separated from the rifle...There's a river at the bottom of all that.  Since I wasn't planning on doing any walking where I'd be using the sling this worked.

You've got to admit, a guy would look pretty ridiculous wandering around in the dark, climbing hills...Looking for a rifle with 3k worth of "night vision" on it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Take Tree top up on the HK clip and keep your GRSC sling plate. The GG&G will believe it or not, rack knuckles when you grab the charging handle quick. Which IR laser ar you using? Looks like Laser Devices? Also do you have any pictures through the ACOG with the 14 in front? I am thinking hard about the PRI mount but I kinda wanna see what the new ARMS mount is going to look like and be priced at.

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:53:50 PM EDT
[#13]
do the snap hooks rattle at all?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#14]
They are supprisingly quiet for being metal on metal. Mr roomate put duct tape around  the loop (he loves green duct tape) and it is completely silent. Tree top  how much do you sell your HK clps for?

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:04:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Take Treetop up on the HK clip and keep your GRSC sling plate. The GG&G will believe it or not, rack knuckles when you grab the charging handle quick.
View Quote

That's why I use the snap hook and the GRSC loop myself. I was originally using the GG&G loop but I was losing too much skin from my fingers. The GRSC loop stays low and out of the way.
View Quote

I think the Mout Sling will work with the GRSC loop, giving more secure attachment then the zip tie, but no rattling and QD to boot.  At least I hope so, since I have a GRSC plate and a MOUT on the way to me...
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:20:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top