Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 3:03:01 PM EDT
I have a Leupold 3-9x40mm and I would like to mount it on my AR carbine but also be able to switch to irons. Maybe use a BUIS. The rifle i'm bying comes with an A.R.M.S. #38 standard, #22 med rings and ring reducers. Will this accomodate this long scope and allow proper eye relief. Do I need a longer #38? What do I need? advice please?
thanks
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#1]
What you got works fine. You will be able to just open the levers to remove the scope and get at the irons when ever you want. The levers will let you be dead on when you put the scope back on, using the same notches.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Even if the scope is nearly a foot long and requires approx. 4 inches of eye relief?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#3]
It wouldn't hurt to get the #38-ex with about 1.5" extra length, just in case ya want it.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't have enough eye relief with a similar setup (#22H, Leupold 3.5-10x40).  I'm going to get a #38S-EX but that is probably overkill; the #38EX should do the job.  I think it gives you three more inches than the STD.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top