Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2003 6:19:22 PM EDT
Observations...

Picked it up for 390$, price was pretty good for what I got.

The Tube is not made from plastic from what I can see. It appears to be aluminum holding the lenses, there is a housing that contains the battery case and some other components that is made out of plastic, but it looks rather sturdy.

The front end signature is visible, but I'm not sure how bad it is. the fiberoptic is tiny, if I had to give a measure I would say that its about one half of the width of a line on your average ruler.

You can see it, but the lens flash is worse... a Killflash cover should address this.

Without the batteries on its reasonably bright, the dark area washout is still there.

With the batteries its a whole new ballgame, the dimmest daytime setting is DAMN bright... bright enough so that it won't wash out when staring at a 60 watt bulb. I don't foresee using the higher brightness settings.

Looking at it as a sort of uber reflex its a disappointment, it still has the washout without the batteries on (tho not as bad). Looking at as a sort of Aimpoint plus its an impressive site.

The only issue is battery life, I have to see how that develops... I don't think its gonna be much of a problem due to the fact that I find the lowest daytime setting to be perfect.

Its also quite light, but thats a given. I'm going to have to wait a few weeks for the scout rifle I'm having built for it.

So far it seems like its everything that was advertised.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:45:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sending mine back to Trijicon.  I e-mailed them, basically inquiring as to the "normalcy" of the reticle being so dim.  Carrie Lettieri answered & advised me to call her directly, & she persuaded me just to send it in for eval.
he more I play w/ it outside, the more I'm convinced it wasn't quite ready for release yet.  We'll see what happens next...
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 8:53:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Tell me how that turns out.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Got mine today... It's NOT as bad as I'd thought it'd be. I'll probably sell mine once the military version comes out, but until them... I'm pretty happy with it. I even got some mini-cyalumes w/ it. Kinda nifty, hehe.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I just checked the sight again...

I'm rather disturbed to see a milky luminescent band to the lower left of the site.

This is just heartbreaking, it looks like a pretty serious defect and the sight really does impress me in all other regards.

I have to call frog creek outfitters tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:25:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Sad indeed.  I had high hopes about this sight.

Regards,
Gary
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top