Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2003 10:38:44 AM EDT
Hi all,

I am currenlty looking at getting a flattop upper with an ARMS #40 and mounting a red dot.  Although I plan on getting something better later on, right now I have an OKO laying around that I plan to use.  Has anyone done this setup and/or have pics?  Does the front iron sight sit in the lower 1/3 of the sight picture, or will I most likely need a riser to get the OKO high enough.  Thanks in advance!

Dawg
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Paging..Medium speed operators...,,LOL the guys at Cav arms i believe use the oko on all there stuff and seem to like it, I have no personal exp. with it..Hopefully they will chime in.......UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 10:58:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Gosh Underdog, they let you play outside the pistol caliber forum too? [;)]

Now you know my master plan for my 9mm!

FWIW, I love the OKO.  I have it on a cheapo chinese knockoff ARMS #39 mount on my M4. and it is the perfect red dot setup for me.  

And for the record, I would be a slow speed operator as paper BG are pretty slow to fire back!  Just like to have a hobby with expensive toys, ya know?  Red dot is also good for the days when my eyes just don't want to focus easily on the irons.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I literally just got mine today.  Even though I have not yet had a chance to shoot with it, it seems great.  It adds virtually no weight to the rifle at all.  Now I am just waiting for my ARMS #40 to come in.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 12:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I liked my OKO when I had it. Could not get used to the idea of the elevation/windage having no clicks to adjust, so I sold it and got a Bushnell Holosight (N version).

Mine was mounted directly to the FT, and front site wasnt really noticable.
If you want it to sit higher than the FS, you might get their SC4 mount.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#5]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=2207&iGalleryUnq=777&iImageUnq=18698[/img]

I have an ARMS #40 on there now.  The OKO is right on the rail, and it co-witnesses in the middle of the lens.  According to one of the guys from CavArms, if you get the SC4 shield and mount the OKO in it, the OKO sits up a little higher and the co-witness falls in the lower third of the lens.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:39:17 AM EDT
[#6]
And for the record, I would be a slow speed operator as paper BG are pretty slow to fire back!  Just like to have a hobby with expensive toys, ya know?  Red dot is also good for the days when my eyes just don't want to focus easily on the irons.
View Quote

Didnt mean anything about you DAWG,The guys from Cav arms call themselves "The medium speed operators" and they sell and use OKO's so Thats what i ment about the "Paging" thing..UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:01:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Didnt mean anything about you DAWG,The guys from Cav arms call themselves "The medium speed operators" and they sell and use OKO's so Thats what i ment about the "Paging" thing..UNDERDOG
View Quote

Hell, ya didn't offend me- it will take quite a bit more than that to do the trick.  And I don't claim to use my rifle and red dots for anything more than expensive toys, so I think calling me a medium speed operator is actually a compliment!

Alright, I admitted it, my AR is just a toy to me- the high speed operators may flame me now! [flame]

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:54:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Sinistral, I was hoping you would reply being the importer of the OKO and all.  The pics completely answer my question!

BTW, I love the OKO.  Best red dot for the price IMHO, and big points on the "cool factor" for looks.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top