Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2003 6:29:27 PM EDT
I've read in one of these threads before that the Eotech with the AA batteries will not fit on the flat top rail of an M4 with the oblong handguards, along with an ARMS #40.  Is there a good flip up BUIS that will fit with that particular Eotech?  I just need enough room to manipulate the sight controls with flight gloves on.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy the 552, Rev. E and change the M4 handguards back to standard carbine handguards.  With gloves on the M4 handguards are overkill, and will just complicate your setup.  The Rev. E EOTechs have the rubber buttons which are easier to manipulate.

As far as the ARMS #40 goes, don't settle for anything less.  You'd be better off replacing the handguards and keeping the ARMS #40 than keeping the M4's and losing it!

Your other option is to purchase the 551 Rev. E with the "N" batteries which won't interfere with your handguards and the ARMS #40.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, thanks for the advice.  I think that will work well for me.  Didn't occur to me to just change out the handguards (brainfart).
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#3]
The 552 and the #40 will fit together on the receiver, but they are practically touching and I found it slightly difficult to manipulate the buttons on the EOTech.  Like PPD said, go with the standard carbine handguards (or even better a KAC M4 RAS!!)  and you can hang the front of the 552 over the front of the receiver.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#4]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=16333[/img]

Where there's a will, there's a way.....

Mike
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I used the EOTech 552 and ARMS 40a on the flat top before I got my SIR 50.  It worked just fine and I had no problems using the EOTech controls even with gloves on.

[img]http://a6.cpimg.com/image/70/D2/19917936-d7a4-02000180-.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the imput and pics, I appreciate it.  One more question...  Have you had any experience with rain on the lens of the sight, or, the lens fogging in humid weather?  Is it a viable concern with co-witness, that it could fog up,and obscure any sight picture?
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a fogging problem and alittle rainX and it stopped. I have the arms 40a and AA eotech and KAC RAS and it works great.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:03:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
One more question...  Have you had any experience with rain on the lens of the sight,
View Quote

Had some rain in my Carbine 1 class this summer.  It wasn't a problem and didn't bother the sight picture at all.

Never had it fog up.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:42:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had a fogging problem and alittle rainX and it stopped. I have the arms 40a and AA eotech and KAC RAS and it works great.
View Quote

K9,

Glad the RainX worked out for you.

I never really had any fogging problem but in a high humindity area fogging is possible.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#10]
[img]http://www.myweb.cableone.net/noknsean/Jpg%20image/rifle1.jpg[/img]

works with the fobus HG's

tex78
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Again guys, thanks for the info.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top