Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2003 6:12:16 PM EDT
Got the Burris FFII 3x9x40 with the balistic plex recticle. Mounted it on the RRA AR15. The pics were taken in haste, so bare with me. I will take some better ones later, as I was running out of light. I luv the scope! Very good optics & the recticle is great. You have to look for the small graduations once you bring rifle to shoulder. By that I mean you focus on the main crosshair like normal. I get absolutely no blurr from front sight post on all power settings. Burris includes a neat little rubber bikini lense cover with scope. Much nicer than the cheap plastic things I'm used to.
The free compact 20x50 spotting scope that came with scope, aint near the quality of the scope, not even close, but I expected that. I noticed the spotter is made in China & thier Landmark series. The Landmark only has a 1 year warranty card & not waterproof. Will have to sight it in when I get a chance & try the balistic recticle. Also want to swicth between iron sights & scope to see if it holds zero.

I think the predators are in deep kimshi this winter
HS

Here are some other pics if interested:

webpages.charter.net/kquinn1/rrascopemount1.jpg
webpages.charter.net/kquinn1/rrascopemount3.jpg
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Well now, since you posted a pic of it, you've also inadvertantly volunteered to do a full test, to include posting the results...

Seriously, that IS a nice scope, and I really do hope you are able to try out the reticle, and let us know how close the graduations come to actual bullet impact.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:32:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Zardoz,

No problem, was planning to post results, but looks like hurricane Isabel will ruin my weekend shooting plans [:(] Wanted to test it at 200 yards once I get it zeroed. I think it may be close, but not quite perfect, since too many variables come to play. If it works within minute of critter, then I'll be tickled. I realy like the Armalite scope mount, very well made, worth the price. The scope also came with a host of little card/stickers with different chambering-bullet combos that suposedly work with the same recticle.

Take care,
HS
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:51:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Hog Sniper,

I just got the same scope yesterday to put on a Bushmaster and found this post while looking for mounting options. Does the Armalite mount give you  enough eye relief while shooting in the prone position?
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:34:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hog Sniper,

I just got the same scope yesterday to put on a Bushmaster and found this post while looking for mounting options. Does the Armalite mount give you  enough eye relief while shooting in the prone position?
View Quote

Cam_pin, yes I have no trouble with the Armalite mount from all shooting positions. I like to bury my face in stock anyway, & this accomodates me well. I don't think you can do any better for a 1-piece mount than the Armalite. Puts scope in right place when I quickly shoulder rifle, that's what I like.

Take care,
HS
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:22:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I also use the Armalite one-piece mount and it's a jewel.  I can take off my scope, put my carry handle+ACOG on, then re-swap and not loose zero.  Love it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top