Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2003 6:27:10 PM EDT
Since Aimpoint doesn't do a very good job explaining differences between their products, I figured you experts here should definitely be able to help me out. What I'm trying to find out is the difference between CompM2 and CompML2. Which one has more features/options?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I know (very limited, just got one myself) M2 is NV compatible, ML2 isn't.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Have one of each and both have very similar brightness (same as far as I can tell) for the highest setting.  However, the ML2 appears to have a little finer adjustment in the next two brightness settings ... all thinks considered like the ML2 a tiny bit better for non-night vission applications (besides is lower cost).

The M2 does not have an off setting ... just a very low multi year setting (ok if you are using it, however, need to take the batteries out if you will leave it on the shelf for years as 10K hours is a little under two years).

Edited to add ... if one was leaving either M2 or ML2 on the self for years, really need to take ou the batteries to prevent leakage damage.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 7:38:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
As far as I know (very limited, just got one myself) M2 is NV compatible, ML2 isn't.
View Quote

That's the story I've heard as well. I actually own the M2, but have no intention of using the NV settings.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:10:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Got AN/PVS-7 or 14? Go for M2.

Otherwise, Go for ML2.

(unless, you are the type of person who must have the exact same thing that U.S military uses [:D])
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top