Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2003 3:11:28 PM EDT
OK,

Thanks to all those who helped in part 1 of my saga.

I've got a Sendra M16 lower --
Bushmaster M203 --
Bushmaster 14.5" M4 A3 upper --
Knights RAS --
Arms #40 BUIS --
Bushmaster Modular Accessories System 3 Rail Gas Block and Detachable Front Flip Sight --
KAC flip up 40mm site --

Now it's time for the optics.

I'm looking for suggestions on optics.  Most of my shooting is on ranges at 50 - 200 meters.

I'm thinking Trijicon? TA31? but would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:32:00 PM EDT
[#1]
50-200meters?

EO TECH 552A65, hands down winner.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:02:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the TA31 for the setup you are building. You already have a standoff weapon with the M203. The TA31 adds a nice ability to identify targets at the same ranges the M203 is useful, while still being faster than irons at contact distances.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 7:46:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I was disappointed last night to discover that the ARMS #40 does not lock in the upright position.  I'm thinking of canning it in favor of something that does.  Does it matter whether my rear BUIS locks up?
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:14:27 AM EDT
[#5]
NO the spring loaded feature means the only time it won't be dead on is when you have it pushed up against something which really rarely happens the big deal is that it pops back up.

Why the Bushy 4 rail gas block?

If you had kept a std A2 post and later added a PEQ2 or Paq4 it would have nearly all been issue.

With the EO tech the front post won't bother you- it might with an aimpoint- the aimpoint mounts lower and has a smaller field of view so that post takes up some space.  I'ld say EO TECH 552 REVD

Buy the big AA sight it will allow you to use Lithium batteries and get 440 hours of run time in the cold as upposed to 30 or less with N type batteries that are unnavailible in lithium.

[b]I heard they are designing one in 3vlithium batteries but I think that could take a while to come out if it does at all.[/b]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:43:55 AM EDT
[#6]
The Arms40 is specifically designed so that it will pop back up if knocked down.  I personally wouldn't want one that locked up.  I have the Arms40 adn have had no problems with it ever not being ready for use.
As to the optics, I love the Trijicon stuff, but didn't have the money for it.  I went with the aimpoint and I don't think you would be dissapointed.  As to Green0's comment about the front sight post, I'm not sure where that comes from.  The front post doesn't bother me at all with my aimpoint, in fact it made zeroing the aimpoint very easy as I just put the dot on top of the front post.  It kind of has to be there so you can cowitness anway.
I'm definately not knocking the Eotech, just never used one.
All depends on what you like.  Best bet is to try out each one if you can, but that is not always pratical.

Good luck with your decision!
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#8]
TA31 or TA11, can't go wrong with either [:d]
[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p0370c9afd7e6b9e0a0e2bdfa52d725c3/fc504696.jpg[/img]
[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/pfd7758ac9803bf883d7dadff0e38e52e/fb335614.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

[b]I heard they are designing one in 3vlithium batteries but I think that could take a while to come out if it does at all.[/b]
View Quote

OMFG.  That would be so cool.  That would be worth waiting for IMO.  Where did you hear that, if you don't mind my asking?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top